Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

**** him. He can get traded for all I care. Y'all are playing like trash, you deserve to get booed. 

Yeah, I'm done with it. Trade Hall for some decent / good defensemen, put goose and boqvist in and just see what shakes out. This team isn't working

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Did you see what Hall did after he scored? Kind of dinner with him. Get him traded

Yeah, I saw it. Friggin' snowflake. Dude is leaving in the off-season almost guaranteed now so we need to trade him. The process for the rest of the season needs to be...

1.) Fire Hynes, replace him with Fitzgerald and start the process of finding a permanent coach
2.) Trade Hall for a pick, a LHD prospect and roster fodder (similar to the Stone trade)
3.) Cash in on Simmonds playing well at the deadline. Recoup a pick.
4.) Trade Miles Wood before he tanks his value completely
5.) PLAY THE YOUNG GUYS!

Just now, beekay414 said:

2.) Trade Hall for a pick, a LHD prospect and roster fodder (similar to the Stone trade)

The sad thing is that was for an extended stone. The return on a rental Hall is not going to be great in my opinion. I'll be happy if we land some sort of late round first and a C level prospect, tbh. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

3.) Cash in on Simmonds playing well at the deadline. Recoup a pick.

Yeah, that's turned into a solid signing, and he should be able to fetch something from a team at the deadline. His play has not indicated that he's done at all, even if he only has the one goal. I'm really curious to see what we do with Vats. He's been our best defenseman so far this year, free agent. I'm not sure if we will re-sign him or not. If not before the deadline, obviously he needs to go as well. Problem is, I don't know what it would take to re-sign him. I don't like him enough to really give him a raise on what he already makes. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The sad thing is that was for an extended stone. The return on a rental Hall is not going to be great in my opinion. I'll be happy if we land some sort of late round first and a C level prospect, tbh. 

Just get something for him. That's all I'm asking from Shero. I don't want him clinging to the hope that he'll come back and then get Tavares'd like the Isles. Trade him to a contender for a late 1st and prospects.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 7:52 PM, beekay414 said:

So glad we landed Jack. He and Zacha have been the main bright spots this season. 

You hear that @flyers0909?!!?! ZACHA HAS BEEN A BRIGHT SPOT! PROVOROV WHO?

Sorry just seeing this, must have missed it while I was watching Provorov tally a goal and an assist Saturday night.  Between that and replaying Couturier's shootout goal from Friday I haven't been able to catch Zacha much lately.  

7 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Sorry just seeing this, must have missed it while I was watching Provorov tally a goal and an assist Saturday night.  Between that and replaying Couturier's shootout goal from Friday I haven't been able to catch Zacha much lately.  

Never heard of those guys. They play in the AHL? It's Zacha's world, we all just live in it.