Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

9 hours ago, Forge said:

Really kind of tempted by Ho-Sang on that list. If we claim him, does he have to be with the big club, or can he be in the AHL? Forsling would be another guy that I'd be really interested in bringing on board.

What happened to Thomas Hickey? He's gotta be better than Mirco for the 3rd pairing LHD spot.

13 hours ago, beekay414 said:

If we hadn't traded for Gusev, I would've been all over going after Baertschi. Hell, I'd go after him anyways and trade Miles Wood for whatever we can get lol.

There were rumors before that we were still looking to make a trade with someone for defensive help. I am hoping and praying if that is the case, Wood is one of the players going the other way

• Like 1

So they released the rosters for opening night, and for some reason, ours still has 24 people on it lol. We are seriously dragging our heels on this. The only thing that I can seriously figure is that we are looking to complete a 2 for 1 type trade before we make any final decisions (especially since returning Smith now would result in losing him for the season). Really curious spot so far. The finalized roster was due 10 minutes ago. 

Maybe it's just someone going on IR. I don't know.

Either that, or league wide roster rules no longer apply the Devils LOL 

28 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Sending Smith down and not giving him the 9 game sample because you were afraid of losing Kevin Rooney just baffles me. Rooney is a scrub that only the guy who uses advanced metrics out of context, aka devilsblood, likes. 

Just a guy. I don't get it at all. We don't need both Hayden and Rooney on the roster. We could have easily risked him on waivers and if we for some reason lost him, picked up someone else on waivers to replace him quite easily

• Like 1

I will say that if I were a lesser person, I'd be rubbing it into the face of a couple of posters on hf about him not making it. Zajac and a couple of others who basically called me stupid because I had the audacity during FA not to include Smith on the roster because I wasn't sure he was going to make it and didn't want to make it a guarantee that he would

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I will say that if I were a lesser person, I'd be rubbing it into the face of a couple of posters on hf about him not making it. Zajac and a couple of others who basically called me stupid because I had the audacity during FA not to include Smith on the roster because I wasn't sure he was going to make it and didn't want to make it a guarantee that he would

Screw the guys on that forum. I just go there for information during the draft from STI and when a transaction is made. The rest of their stuff is just nonsensical bullcrap like any other forum. I've learned enough about those guys from the Miles Wood and Blake Coleman discussion.