Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I feel like that's hard for them to turn down, tbh. I think that's a legit offer

Would almost have to come with a Gardiner deal though, otherwise our left side is Greene, Smith and Mueller. Plus, would we even have the money to sign Gardiner if we acquired Laine?

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Would almost have to come with a Gardiner deal though, otherwise our left side is Greene, Smith and Mueller. Plus, would we even have the money to sign Gardiner if we acquired Laine?

Well, maybe not. We could theoretically roll out...

Vatanen-Subban
Greene-Severson
Smith-Carrick

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We have like 17 million this year with only zacha and butcher left. If butcher is part of the trade, don't have to worry about that. I think Zacha caps under 3, so 14 million + they money back from whomever else we deal. Six for Gardiner, 8 for Laine

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Well, maybe not. We could theoretically roll out...

Vatanen-Subban
Greene-Severson
Smith-Carrick

Yeah, it's really future years where it gets terrifying. Greene gone after the year. Butcher would be gone. If Gardiner is on a one year deal, he's gone. Mueller would have to be resigned. Would be scary in future years. Vats a free agent (and I'm assuming he won't be back even if we don't add right now)

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, it's really future years where it gets terrifying. Greene gone after the year. Butcher would be gone. If Gardiner is on a one year deal, he's gone. Mueller would have to be resigned. Would be scary in future years. Vats a free agent (and I'm assuming he won't be back even if we don't add right now)

Would almost have to land Gardiner on a multi-year deal. If we can get him at 3/$18, we gotta pull that trigger.

Next year, we would get 4.75 from vats, 6 from Hall, 5 from Greene, 1.7 from Nico and bratt, 6 from Gardiner, 5 from Simmonds. So about 28+ mil to resign Hall, Nico, bratt and blackwood (plus about 3-4 more from somewhat unimportant free agents like Hayden and Rooney and Mueller). 11.5 to Hall. 7 for Nico. 4.5 for bratt. That's 23. 3 to Mac? We'd have about 7 to find another lhd at the top (???? /. Smith / Mueller?). Carrick would slide into third pairing on the right. Mueller probably resigns for depth in the left (so 5.5 left?). Rooney and Hayden can be easily replaced from the system. Miles wood could be dealt to get 2.75 back. 

Would require some gymnastics, but I think it's doable. Plus, I think we already have some built in space. Per cap friendly, we have 30.5 tied up in forwards and defense, 6 in goal, plus the 2 from cammaleri buy out. That's only 38-39 million. Assuming the cap is flat, that would put us at 40 million or so rather than 32-33?

Jesus, someone always has something to say over there if you indicate even something less than sunshine and rainbows for a devils player. 

I make a post about Hughes not playing center on pp for F/O purposes, and someone of course is wondering why the expectation is that he'll be bad at the dot. Like really? He's a teenager playing center in the NHL. Sucking at face offs is like a rite of passage. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jesus, someone always has something to say over there if you indicate even something less than sunshine and rainbows for a devils player. 

I make a post about Hughes not playing center on pp for F/O purposes, and someone of course is wondering why the expectation is that he'll be bad at the dot. Like really? He's a teenager playing center in the NHL. Sucking at face offs is like a rite of passage. 

Yep. I'm back to just lurking. Posting there gets you nowhere lol.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yep. I'm back to just lurking. Posting there gets you nowhere lol.

It's really amazing. Honestly, it really makes me appreciate this place more. Every team forum here has their homers, but I think a majority of the posters on this site are pretty even keeled

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It's really amazing. Honestly, it really makes me appreciate this place more. Every team forum here has their homers, but I think a majority of the posters on this site are pretty even keeled

Yeah. It's one thing to like your own players but it's another thing to come at someone left and right over role players like Miles Wood and Blake Coleman or something as small as not having a 160 lbs 18 year old take faceoffs lol.

• Like 1