Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

There is a certain degree of hilarity when I make that post about the asinine things that Hynes does such as breaking up the Zacha / Bratt / Nico line or putting Wood in the top 6 and then in the very next game he proceeds to do both. 

Keep in mind, he broke up the line after Bratt scored a goal assisted by Zacha, bringing up another point I mentioned about needless changes for no reason when things are going well lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

There is a certain degree of hilarity when I make that post about the asinine things that Hynes does such as breaking up the Zacha / Bratt / Nico line or putting Wood in the top 6 and then in the very next game he proceeds to do both. 

Keep in mind, he broke up the line after Bratt scored a goal assisted by Zacha, bringing up another point I mentioned about needless changes for no reason when things are going well lol. 

He's a clueless hack that has no business being on a NHL bench. The changing things just to change things is baffling. 

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

He's a clueless hack that has no business being on a NHL bench. The changing things just to change things is baffling. 

My only hope is that we will decide to can him at the end of season as unfortunately, I don't think it's going to happen in season. 

Also, Hall missed on two breakaways today lol. He's lost any ability to finish for some reason. He looked slow on the second one. We need to trade him. I do not want him here long term at this point. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

My only hope is that we will decide to can him at the end of season as unfortunately, I don't think it's going to happen in season. 

Also, Hall missed on two breakaways today lol. He's lost any ability to finish for some reason. He looked slow on the second one. We need to trade him. I do not want him here long term at this point. 

Yep. His contract is going to be a Bobby Ryan-esque type boat anchor and we'd end up paying Seattle a hefty price to take it off our hands in a few years. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Yep. His contract is going to be a Bobby Ryan-esque type boat anchor and we'd end up paying Seattle a hefty price to take it off our hands in a few years. 

Yeah, and we are already going to be paying them to take PK or Schneider. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Nah, we'll end up LTIRing Cory and PK's contract comes off the books before the major extensions would kick in. 

I'm definitely assuming that the LTIR comes for Cory at some point. He's always nicked up. PK will only have one year left at the time of the expansion draft, so you're probably right in that we won't pay them to unload him. 

Another game with 2 goals or less (now more of those than 3 goals or more). 

Hynes: "We value quality over quantity" team promptly has 20 shots against a team averaging like 30 shots against and is one of the worst defensive teams in the league. Scores two goals lol

1 hour ago, Forge said:

We have given up 3 goals or more in the third period four times this season... At home.

We have scored a total of nine third period goals... All season, at home and on the road

Get used to it, Hynes isn't getting fired at this point. Shero's doing exactly what he did in Pittsburgh and it's ******* baffling. Whatever, just get another really good draft pick and hope this season doesn't turn out to be a COMPLETE waste. That and trade Hall, god damn it. If he's on this team past the deadline, we're getting Tavares'd. 

20 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Get used to it, Hynes isn't getting fired at this point. Shero's doing exactly what he did in Pittsburgh and it's ******* baffling. Whatever, just get another really good draft pick and hope this season doesn't turn out to be a COMPLETE waste. That and trade Hall, god damn it. If he's on this team past the deadline, we're getting Tavares'd. 

#firehynes is trending in new Jersey lol