Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Zacha is playing the best hockey of his life this season. I'm not sure the offensive upside is huge, but we may finally get him to that 40 point mark with excellent penalty killing. He just made two great passes on shorthanded breaks and Nico buried the second one. The first one sprung nico on the breakaway (stoned), and then the second he helped lead a two on one. 

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Zacha is playing the best hockey of his life this season. I'm not sure the offensive upside is huge, but we may finally get him to that 40 point mark with excellent penalty killing. He just made two great passes on shorthanded breaks and Nico buried the second one. The first one sprung nico on the breakaway (stoned), and then the second he helped lead a two on one. 

He is Zajac's replacement. Kid may not be a dynamo but he's an excellent two way player and an absolute must to retain.

Just now, beekay414 said:

If we don't jump on this, I'll have lost all faith in Shero.

Isn't that amazing? Just how damning the Hynes thing is? Because really, it's the only black mark against him. Dont' get me wrong, not all of his moves have worked out, but I have largely agreed with them. The Palms trade was a huge win. They made the right move with Nico over Patrick. They got Hughes. They made the Hall trade. Even though Subban has been a disaster, it's really hard to hold the trade against him for what he gave up. Sure, the trades like Mueller haven't worked, but it was probably worth the risk. But yeah, if he doesn't do something with Hynes, I absolutely will have lost faith in him as well. I mean, it's a disaster. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Isn't that amazing? Just how damning the Hynes thing is? Because really, it's the only black mark against him. Dont' get me wrong, not all of his moves have worked out, but I have largely agreed with them. The Palms trade was a huge win. They made the right move with Nico over Patrick. They got Hughes. They made the Hall trade. Even though Subban has been a disaster, it's really hard to hold the trade against him for what he gave up. Sure, the trades like Mueller haven't worked, but it was probably worth the risk. But yeah, if he doesn't do something with Hynes, I absolutely will have lost faith in him as well. I mean, it's a disaster. 

Yep. It's the major knock against him at both stops. He stuck by Dan Bylsma too long and it cost him his job. The same could happen here. He cannot hitch his wagon to Hynes when Mike Babcock or Bruce Boudreau become available. That makes ZERO hockey sense and is a fireable offense on it's own.