Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

I agree with you regardless. Every quality NHL poster is welcome here. This is a team thread but it's also a "we are the NHL thread" here invitation. I welcome them to tell me how wrong I am and educate me. I love these guys. 

Oh hell yeah, let's get the banter going lol. Education and the crap talking. Come one, come all to this merry thread. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

@Forge Just cuz the season is over doesn't mean we stop talking Devils. We formulate until we take over the East. Let's go.

I've been thinking about the dman problem, and am I crazy for thinking I'd rather re-sign Moore and trade Severson than to let Moore walk and keep Severson? Severson was honestly such a let down this year. He's plateaued and maybe even regressed in a pretty big way

4 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

And @Forge you are more than welcome to join us Brewers. We will be the next dynasty in the National League.

Haha, I may have to. The immediate future is Brittany for the Giants. Price you pay I suppose, but yeesh. It's ugly lol

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I've been thinking about the dman problem, and am I crazy for thinking I'd rather re-sign Moore and trade Severson than to let Moore walk and keep Severson? Severson was honestly such a let down this year. He's plateaued and maybe even regressed in a pretty big way

Eh, I'd let Moore walk and try and find a way to trade Severson. We made a mistake and gave him that extension. 

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Eh, I'd let Moore walk and try and find a way to trade Severson. We made a mistake and gave him that extension. 

Yeah it's not looking good there. Obviously, if be Keen on replacing them both, but if I had to choose one, I think I may prefer to keep moore (but that's probably due to getting out from under Seversons money and potentially getting an asset back). 

On the bright side, maroon said he'd like to be back

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Haha, I may have to. The immediate future is Brittany for the Giants. Price you pay I suppose, but yeesh. It's ugly lol

Hey look at it this way. Heliot Ramos is a highly thought of prospect. Outside of that, I can't help ya. :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah it's not looking good there. Obviously, if be Keen on replacing them both, but if I had to choose one, I think I may prefer to keep moore (but that's probably due to getting out from under Seversons money and potentially getting an asset back). 

On the bright side, maroon said he'd like to be back

I'd love to have Maroon back but that has nothing to do with Moore or Severson.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, the off season surgeries have been done. Didn't realize so many of our players were playing hurt. Hall and Nico had hand / wrist issues. Schneider had hip surgery (out 5 months), which is no shocker, but man, his body is just breaking down. And Maroon had surgery as well. 

• 4 weeks later...

It's sounding like Shero will be avoiding the big money free agents this year, unless he's throwing up smoke screens. I've seen two interviews with him recently. The first he came out and said he doesn't think you build a team through free agency, and in the second, he indicated he wanted to be very careful about what he does for anything over two years since Hall and Nico will need new contacts. I think if we add a "big" piece, it's going to be through a trade. Ekman Larson maybe? One of the wild disappointments?

It also sounds like he wants to move down from 17 since we are missing picks this year. 

• 3 weeks later...