Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

You guys catch the draft proposition from the league:

TL;DR version:

- Draft order based on points percentage

- Lottery down to 1 winner, 4 draft slots max advancement

- No trades (???)

- Conditional picks would have the league propose reform and encourage renegotiation (No idea what that means)

NHL saw the numbers the NFL draft brought in and was like, yeah lemme get some of that

1 hour ago, Canadian Saint said:

You guys catch the draft proposition from the league:

TL;DR version:

- Draft order based on points percentage

- Lottery down to 1 winner, 4 draft slots max advancement

- No trades (???)

- Conditional picks would have the league propose reform and encourage renegotiation (No idea what that means)

NHL saw the numbers the NFL draft brought in and was like, yeah lemme get some of that

Was just reading this now. Based on point percentage, we will get Vancouver's pick, which is kind of nice @beekay414

Sounds like they are allowed to make trades... The concern I guess is what happens regarding players who could be traded but then are also needed to finish a season.  That would certainly be weird

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I heard teams are vehemently against the proposal tho

They should be. 

But the problem is that the NHL should be wanting to do exactly what they are trying to do as well because it makes sense for the sport. 

I think Friedmann has it right and teams will be against it, but resigned to having to deal with it. 

Honestly, I think the decision has been made and now they are just trying to figure out the minutiae 

• Like 2

On 5/1/2020 at 1:21 PM, Forge said:

I don't know much about him. Seems he led the KHL defensemen in PPG and is highly in demand. Seeing Rangers and Habs linked to him as well. Looks like he's basically locked into a one year deal no matter what because he's still young enough to fall under the terms of ELC restrictions. Would be a huge help for us though on that left side. 

Signed with the Leafs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Signed with the Leafs

Makes sense. They have just a bad a need at the position and they are a much better team with a much better chance of succeeding and making him look good next year. 

Just now, Forge said:

Makes sense. They have just a bad a need at the position and they are a much better team with a much better chance of succeeding and making him look good next year. 

Not sure how accurate the stuff I've read on him is but he sounds like Will Butcher. Probably wrong but I can live with not bringing him in. Outlook wouldn't change much and he was only eligible for a 1 year deal IIRC so whatever. Let's just destroy this draft and move forward.

• Like 1

Was listening to the pdo cast yesterday and they did their mock draft. They gave us perfetti and lundell at six and ten. Just massively meh. Perfetti was over Drysdale and holtz, lundell over Quinn and Sanderson. 

Honestly, I don't know how this team comes out of the top ten without at least one of Sanderson or Drysdale

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Now what?

Is this too far? 

JrFischer54 said: 
So you would or wouldn’t offer that contract to petro
Thank you for your interest in trying to speak with me. I regret to inform you that I have no desire to communicate with you given what I have viewed from your responses. I will let you know if that changes.

Word on the street (ie. Reddit rumor) you guys wanted ZSC Lions head coach Rikard Gronborg, but ZSC didn't want to release him so he stayed.

While he doesn't have experience in North America, I've been impressed by his teams in international tournaments. Would've been an interesting hire imo.

• Like 1