Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

2 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Oh for sure, I'd be as well. Ownership is going to end up punting 2-3 years of players career due the flat cap (if you're out of the playoffs/rebuilding) and as a fan that's infuriating. So essentially teams will be in purgatory. Not improving enough to contend, not sucking enough to tank. Treading water for 2-3 years until the cap goes up or normalizes. Really stupid NHL and NHLPA couldn't agree on some sort of amnesty buyout.

My understanding is that ownership is 100% against the amnesty buyout. 

Great time for a young team who has a couple more years to rebuild to take on the salary for picks, prospects, or just good players in general. Especially on a year to year basis. Maybe we the devils can find some low cash, high cap hit one year deals to take. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

My understanding is that ownership is 100% against the amnesty buyout. 

Great time for a young team who has a couple more years to rebuild to take on the salary for picks, prospects, or just good players in general. Especially on a year to year basis. Maybe we the devils can find some low cash, high cap hit one year deals to take. 

Amnesty buyouts also count against 50/50 HRR and escrow, so while ownership was against it(buyout player and then replace player thus increasing payroll), I don't doubt players weren't the most keen on having it either.

The problem with that approach is what happened in Edmonton during rebuild 2.0. Hall and Eberle could never shake the losing culture. Just treading water year after year while ownership tanked to try add more talent to the team via draft. Completely screwed their future with the franchise. Now was that the only reason the Oilers rebuild 2.0 failed? No. However it contributed to it a significant amount. Our crappy culture was why so many players didn't want to come here, and those that did always underperformed.

• Like 1

@beekay414 if you want a laugh, go check out the main board in the timo meier to new jersey thread so that you can see our good friend swiss prodigy go off his rocker again and get his butt handed to him in an argument. My favorite part is when he said that Meier wasn't a power forward because he was only 6'1 and like a dozen people (not just shark fans) jumped in and started ripping him to shreds. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forge said:

@beekay414 if you want a laugh, go check out the main board in the timo meier to new jersey thread so that you can see our good friend swiss prodigy go off his rocker again and get his butt handed to him in an argument. My favorite part is when he said that Meier wasn't a power forward because he was only 6'1 and like a dozen people (not just shark fans) jumped in and started ripping him to shreds. 

So I've made it like 1.5 pages of that thread. I don't think I'm gonna get much further lol. Maybe when it's late and I've got nothing better to read!

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

So I've made it like 1.5 pages of that thread. I don't think I'm gonna get much further lol. Maybe when it's late and I've got nothing better to read!

a different new jersey fan told him in another thread to stay in that thread because he made good points and to avoid the Timo thread from there on lol. At one point, I thought that dude may be one of the better posters there...now, in like a week, my opinion of that guy has dropped like a rock lol

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

at one point, a different new jersey fan told him in another thread to stay in that thread because he made good points and to avoid the Timo thread from there on lol. At one point, I thought that dude may be one of the better posters there...now, in like a week, my opinion of that guy has dropped like a rock lol

It dropped like a rock for me after that last conversation with him where he misinterpreted pretty much everything I said and derailed the thread for 3+ pages. He's too emotional with his posting.

Just now, beekay414 said:

It dropped like a rock for me after that last conversation with him where he misinterpreted pretty much everything I said and derailed the thread for 3+ pages. He's too emotional with his posting.

Absolutely. And it's the same thing in the Meier thread. Several people told him to back off and clear his head. 

The really bad thing that happens though is that he wants to post like he is an expert on something and then he gets exposed as not knowing about what he's talking about. It's brutal to the point that I feel bad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Absolutely. And it's the same thing in the Meier thread. Several people told him to back off and clear his head. 

The really bad thing that happens though is that he wants to post like he is an expert on something and then he gets exposed as not knowing about what he's talking about. It's brutal to the point that I feel bad. 

I can't remember who the kid was we were talking about over there but he didn't know that he was a dman or a forward. I can't remember who it was, seriously, strong brain fart on my part.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

I can't remember who the kid was we were talking about over there but he didn't know that he was a dman or a forward. I can't remember who it was, seriously, strong brain fart on my part.

Hoglander. 

I honestly couldn't believe that he was basically doubling down castigating us and the others for appreciating Hoglander when he didn't even know who the guy was an hour before. I was flabbergasted. Who does that? I mean, you get called out for seriously not knowing who the guy is at all, and then you want to double down by being able to say that you know they aren't as good a prospect or player as another player? That was absolutely hilarious. I legitimately had never seen someone do that before. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Hoglander. 

I honestly couldn't believe that he was basically doubling down castigating us and the others for appreciating Hoglander when he didn't even know who the guy was an hour before. I was flabbergasted. Who does that? I mean, you get called out for seriously not knowing who the guy is at all, and then you want to double down by being able to say that you know they aren't as good a prospect or player as another player? That was absolutely hilarious. I legitimately had never seen someone do that before. 

Yes! Thank you. 

I don't know why I blanked so damn hard on that. For some reason, I was thinking 2020 draft prospects lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

So I don’t know if any of you have T-mobile, but their give away a Tuesday’s thing is giving away a Free one year subscription to the Athletic. I doubt there is a better place for hockey news. 

Yeah that's why I pay for it! xD

• Like 1

So @Forge, David Pastrnak is my favorite non-Devils player in the NHL but I absolutely hate the Bruins. I want some Pasta gear but I don't want to support the B's. What are your thoughts on this? Like, I REALLY want a Pasta jersey but that comes with people thinking I'm a Bruins fan when I wear it. I could probably settle for this shirt...

61yz85rwtJL._AC_SX425_.jpg

or this one...

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCwmXpdpRy-xkH3mZY8

• Like 1