Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

I mean, I really want no part of him due to the risk that comes with goalies but I can't blame our staff if they take him with Vancouver's pick. We'd already have landed potential top line talent with two other picks already so the risk is somewhat mitigated. I don't want him but it is what it is if we take him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, I really want no part of him due to the risk that comes with goalies but I can't blame our staff if they take him with Vancouver's pick. We'd already have landed potential top line talent with two other picks already so the risk is somewhat mitigated. I don't want him but it is what it is if we take him.

I won't hate on the pick if we take him with Vancouver's pick unless we pass up Jarvis or Lapierre to do so. Otherwise, its whatever. I get the appeal, and more often than not, guys picked in that range are typically middle or bottom sixers or bottom pairing guys. There are a lot fewer Zach Parise's in that range than there are Mirco Muellers. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

apparently not lol. 

It will suck if that pick gets bounced to 16+ 

Considering Nashville's coached by the bald-headed moron, I'm not shocked they are getting their **** pushed in right out of the gates. Dude is such a terrible coach.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Considering Nashville's coached by the bald-headed moron, I'm not shocked they are getting their **** pushed in right out of the gates. Dude is such a terrible coach.

Their team is also where offensive output goes to die. I honestly don't know what they say with Hynes to be like "Yeah we need that for us to get over the hump." That dude blows. 

• Like 2

Just now, beekay414 said:

lol Hynes system is a joke.

That goal looked amazingly familiar. 

That being said...if that pick gets kicked to 16/17, maybe we will draft Jarvis. 

I'd be a little less inclined to draft Sanderson at 7 though. 

Just now, Canadian Saint said:

Their team is also where offensive output goes to die. I honestly don't know what they say with Hynes to be like "Yeah we need that for us to get over the hump." That dude blows. 

He's so awful. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate the good old boys club of the NHL. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

That goal looked amazingly familiar. 

That being said...if that pick gets kicked to 16/17, maybe we will draft Jarvis. 

I'd be a little less inclined to draft Sanderson at 7 though. 

It is what it is. At least the draft is deep. Unless one of the elite guys somehow falls, I don't see much difference between 10 and 16/17 anyways. 

1 minute ago, Canadian Saint said:

He's the worst coach I've ever watched from a pure system and Xs and Os standpoint. He's well liked because he's probably a good dude but he's so in over his head at the NHL level, it's ridiculous. He also has no clue how to handle his lines either. Just a mish mash and a "let's just see what happens" approach. He's a maddening coach, man.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

He's the worst coach I've ever watched from a pure system and Xs and Os standpoint. He's well liked because he's probably a good dude but he's so in over his head at the NHL level, it's ridiculous. He also has no clue how to handle his lines either. Just a mish mash and a "let's just see what happens" approach. He's a maddening coach, man.

Also should be noted that while Bing did get a talent infusion, the team started taking off once Hynes got fired and Dennehy started running his own system for Bing. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Also should be noted that while Bing did get a talent infusion, the team started taking off once Hynes got fired and Dennehy started running his own system for Bing. 

Yep. That's why I'm kinda excited for Lindy Ruff and his system. Just getting the guys out of that clown show of a system is a win in and of itself. 

Interesting conundrum - if AZ beats Nashville, would you want to Arizona to win the next round and push the pick down even further (I think then it would be at best like 24, right?), but keep the door open to get their first round pick the following year if re-signing Hall? I don't like their chances of re-signing him, but it's an interesting question.