Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

45 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

So @Forge, David Pastrnak is my favorite non-Devils player in the NHL but I absolutely hate the Bruins. I want some Pasta gear but I don't want to support the B's. What are your thoughts on this? Like, I REALLY want a Pasta jersey but that comes with people thinking I'm a Bruins fan when I wear it. I could probably settle for this shirt...

61yz85rwtJL._AC_SX425_.jpg

or this one...

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCwmXpdpRy-xkH3mZY8

If you want to keep the B's away from it completely, has to be the second one. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

If you want to keep the B's away from it completely, has to be the second one. 

Well, technically, I don't think these are NHL licensed T's so they don't have any B's logos on those jerseys. It's obvious that it's Boston but it technically doesn't benefit them lol.

I might just buy both lol

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Well, technically, I don't think these are NHL licensed T's so they don't have any B's logos on those jerseys. It's obvious that it's Boston but it technically doesn't benefit them lol.

I might just buy both lol

Someone posted that adidas was having like a big discount on jerseys (not personalized) and I thought about getting some. I actually wouldn't go with the devils. Thought about the Jets. I like their jerseys from a perspective of just being outside and wearing them. 

You know what I hate the most about all of Lou's **** that left us where we are? Delaying the pick that we lost for the Kovalchuk contract until 2014 (which we ended up getting the last pick or whatever of the 1st round instead of losing it entirely). We should've forfeited it in 2012 or 2013. 2012 especially considering the draft class. It very well cost us a chance at taking Pastrnak, among others (Larkin, Vrana, Sanheim, etc). We would've had the 10th pick in 2014 but we decided that the 29th pick in 2012 was more valuable. Lou really did screw us at the end.

Edited by beekay414

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Someone posted that adidas was having like a big discount on jerseys (not personalized) and I thought about getting some. I actually wouldn't go with the devils. Thought about the Jets. I like their jerseys from a perspective of just being outside and wearing them. 

Yeah, I don't buy jerseys without players on them. I think they are tacky lol.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I like the hockey Jersey fashion. Can't help it. I think the sweaters are just nice

Yeah, I'm just the type that has to have a players name on the back, no matter the sport. If I'm buying something like that, I'm getting it to support more than just the team. I can buy shirts, hoodies & hats to do that.

Edited by beekay414

On 7/21/2020 at 2:14 PM, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I'm just the type that has to have a players name on the back, no matter the sport. If I'm buying something like that, I'm getting it to support more than just the team. I can buy shirts, hoodies & hats to do that.

I'm kind of debating buying official Taylor Hall devils jerseys since they are basically on clearance and cheap. Is that weird? 

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm kind of debating buying official Taylor Hall devils jerseys since they are basically on clearance and cheap. Is that weird? 

No, it's cool. I did that with a JJ Hardy Brewers one after we traded him to Minnesota lol. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

@beekay414 I wouldn't even open up the door to responding to that dude jrfischer or whatever. He's a world class idiot. I can't stand seeing anything he posts. The only time I acknowledge him is to tell him I have no interest in conversing with him lol

lol I don't plan on it. Just pointed out that the Golden Knights doesn't mean anything military or the like. It's literally a play on words and only an idiot would miss that.

13 hours ago, Forge said:

@beekay414 I wouldn't even open up the door to responding to that dude jrfischer or whatever. He's a world class idiot. I can't stand seeing anything he posts. The only time I acknowledge him is to tell him I have no interest in conversing with him lol

EDIT - I guess I just gave the Vegas group too much credit for the play on words. Whoops.

Edited by beekay414

Well, apparently their owner is just a turd. He named them the Knights after Westpoint and "Golden" after Nevada's gold producing in the US. So I'm probably giving him too much credit for the play on words.

Edited by beekay414

4 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Word on the street is your ownership was tapping up John Chayka and lead to all this messy business with the Coyotes. You guys really go all out to make sure your picks are high as possible eh?

Lol.

Not going to lie ..I dislike our ownership.

That being said, we did this for the good of all. Apparently league people want chia in the role for Arizona lol