Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, beekay414 said:

Mueller-Vatanen right?

I just got out of the shower so I gotta fire my laptop up lol

Yup. Lovejoy and Butcher, which I think is the right call. I feel like I read somewhere during the offseason that Butcher was surprisingly best with Lovejoy as his pairing last year. 

Nico just went off limping after blocking a shot. Hopefully nothing serious 

and lovejoy takes the first penalty. Got he's bad. I really can't wait until we get guys like Smith up. The defense is just going to give us so many problems 

Just now, Forge said:

Nico just went off limping after blocking a shot. Hopefully nothing serious 

and lovejoy takes the first penalty. Got he's bad. I really can't wait until we get guys like Smith up. The defense is just going to give us so many problems 

I don't know why we refuse to play Santini consistent minutes over the likes of Lovejoy. It's baffling.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

The oilers first line is just demolishing us. We can't do anything to contain McDavid. Pretty ugly 

Yeah, I think we're going to be back in the lottery again this year and that's totally fine. We're still young and building. Last year was huge for us but we're still a ways away. I'll take a shot at Jack Hughes any day lol.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Honestly, I would rather move Wood up to the 2nd line and move Johansson over to RW. 

This is probably the right call. Pretty sure Johannsson has experience on both wings and that should create some solid pressure. I wish Wood was a little more skilled and wasn't just a try hard guy. 

Just now, Forge said:

This is probably the right call. Pretty sure Johannsson has experience on both wings and that should create some solid pressure. I wish Wood was a little more skilled and wasn't just a try hard guy. 

Yeah, Johansson played RW in Washington.