Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Bratt broke his jaw on Thursday so we brought back Stafford 

Just saw that and was going to post it as well. 

Ugh. Great way to start the season. I hope that the Stafford thing is just a circumstance of being overseas. For this particular situation, there's no reason not to give a young guy a shot for a few weeks while Bratt gets better. I mean, there's seriously just no upside to stafford whatsoever. 

Stafford we just can't quit you!!!

16 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Who are we going to pair with Hall and Nico?

I think it was always Palm. I believe Bratt had spent most of the off season skating with Johannsson and Zacha. I think it's going to be Stafford moving up to that line, but honestly at this point I would prefer Dea. I don't want Stafford getting more minutes than he needs. The other alternative would probably be Noesen? 

I suppose technically it could be another lefty. Bratt is a lefty after all, but I would imagine that we would want a right hand shot on that line if we can help it. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I think it was always Palm. I believe Bratt had spent most of the off season skating with Johannsson and Zacha. I think it's going to be Stafford moving up to that line, but honestly at this point I would prefer Dea. I don't want Stafford getting more minutes than he needs. The other alternative would probably be Noesen? 

I suppose technically it could be another lefty. Bratt is a lefty after all, but I would imagine that we would want a right hand shot on that line if we can help it. 

I'd like to see them put Q in that spot and keep Stafford as a healthy scratch until Q proves he can't do it.

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I'd like to see them put Q in that spot and keep Stafford as a healthy scratch until Q proves he can't do it.

If we are going three lefties, I'd like that too. Though I gave some thought to wood there. I wouldn't want to flip wings though for him.  

If we go right, dea > Stafford

Go lefty, give me qville, but I could understand wood

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

If we are going three lefties, I'd like that too. Though I gave some thought to wood there. I wouldn't want to flip hours wrong though. 

If we go right, dea > Stafford

Go lefty, give me qville, but I could understand wood

I'd like to keep Palms with Zacha and Johansson and plug Dea in with Nico and Hall. If Dea can't get anything out of playing with those two, we can scrap him in favor of McLeod during the season.

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We're playing Noesen on the 2nd unit, Q on the 3rd with Zajac and Wood. Dea 4th liner. Stafford scratched. 

Makes some sense. Don't love the idea of Noesen on the second line, but I get that options (particularly for a right handed shot) are very limited. Glad we  scratched Stafford. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Makes some sense. Don't love the idea of Noesen on the second line, but I get that options (particularly for a right handed shot) are very limited. Glad we  scratched Stafford. 

This is Noesen's chance to break out. It's now or never lol.