Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

3 hours ago, Forge said:

i was just about to post it. Hope all is well for him. 

I just hope someone better than Wedgewood comes available. I know this year doesn't matter from a W/L perspective but I really don't want to watch Wedgewood every other game or 20 times in 56 games.

Apparently Okhotyuk has looked real good during these scrimmages. I haven't watched any of them so it's all second hand reading but that's promising. The depth of the system is starting to show. It's a good problem to have. We're closer than people think.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Apparently Okhotyuk has looked real good during these scrimmages. I haven't watched any of them so it's all second hand reading but that's promising. The depth of the system is starting to show. It's a good problem to have. We're closer than people think.

Yep. Light on his feet, the skating actually looks legit which was a huge concern. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yep. Light on his feet, the skating actually looks legit which was a huge concern. 

If he can turn into a 2nd pairing guy, that's huge. We've pegged him as a bottom pairing type. Same thing with Sharangovich's growth. If we can keep getting growth out of the wildcards, we're going to be good in the near future. I mean, the guy I have listed as our 24th prospect may very well have a top 6 role out of the gates this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If he can turn into a 2nd pairing guy, that's huge. We've pegged him as a bottom pairing type. Same thing with Sharangovich's growth. If we can keep getting growth out of the wildcards, we're going to be good in the near future. I mean, the guy I have listed as our 24th prospect may very well have a top 6 role out of the gates this year.

We need the big guys to make big steps though...and we need to them to stay healthy. 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I'm more worried about the health than their progressions as players. 

Eh, I'm not. Can't really worry about it until it becomes a Patrick or Lindros type issue. Jack will be fine and I think Nico just got unlucky this year. He's a warrior so he'll be on the ice if he can. May not be full Nico but he's still going to be better than 80% of the league and 95% of the roster.