Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Just now, Forge said:

Do you know how they are treating that in juniors? Like, if they go to a pro league can they go back to juniors when it kicks up again for real?

Have zero clue. I'm just posting stuff I see on Twitter. Haven't given hockey much time lately. Fully invested in #12 and the Packers at the moment.

• Like 1

So we really must be good as the roster as constructed. I haven't heard a peep about us adding in another player and most of the worthwhile free agents have been now signed after the return to season was finalized. Some UFA defenders left, but no real forwards. So we are either targeting another player in a trade, or we are just moving forward with what we have, which means we really are going to run it with a lot of the young guys. 

4 hours ago, Forge said:

So we really must be good as the roster as constructed. I haven't heard a peep about us adding in another player and most of the worthwhile free agents have been now signed after the return to season was finalized. Some UFA defenders left, but no real forwards. So we are either targeting another player in a trade, or we are just moving forward with what we have, which means we really are going to run it with a lot of the young guys. 

I kinda figured we were going to roll with the young guys under Ruff. There's really no point in adding vets except to use as trade assets and that could get messy with 1) Covid protocols and 2) already having Palmieri and Gusev to make decisions on. Just use this year as a development year. 

Edited by beekay414

Sounding like like bratt will miss the start of the season as I'm not sure how he can get everything done in time. Needs to get a contract so he can get his visa so he can get over here to be quarantined for 2 weeks. Season starts in a couple of weeks

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sounding like like bratt will miss the start of the season as I'm not sure how he can get everything done in time. Needs to get a contract so he can get his visa so he can get over here to be quarantined for 2 weeks. Season starts in a couple of weeks

Yeah, at this rate, I expected to be down Bratt for a while. Can't wait to see more Miles Wood!

• Like 1