Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

29 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

3rd line LW?

That's kind of where I had him slotted most of the off-season. He's by far done the most in the minors to get the best lineup spot, though he did not really have a great stint in liiga. But I just feel like he's a safe bet for a solid floor, you know? 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

That's kind of where I had him slotted most of the off-season. He's by far done the most in the minors to get the best lineup spot, though he did not really have a great stint in liiga. But I just feel like he's a safe bet for a solid floor, you know? 

Yeah, I just can't see us playing him top 6 over Bratt or Johnsson. Early on, while Bratt gets cleared and all that? Sure. But our LW side seems set with Bratt, Johnsson, Kuokkanen and Wood. It would be awesome if Sharangovich or another young guy could outplay Wood. You'd have to think that Ruff is coming in with a clean slate and Wood was a favorite of the Hynes group.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I just can't see us playing him top 6 over Bratt or Johnsson. Early on, while Bratt gets cleared and all that? Sure. But our LW side seems set with Bratt, Johnsson, Kuokkanen and Wood. It would be awesome if Sharangovich or another young guy could outplay Wood. You'd have to think that Ruff is coming in with a clean slate and Wood was a favorite of the Hynes group.

Remember when wood scored almost twenty goals 😂

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Remember when wood scored almost twenty goals 😂

And that one clown on HF kept going to bat for him with the whole ES production lol? I honestly hope Ruff tells Fitzy to trade him. Get something for him from someone that thinks they can tap into his potential. He's all athlete, no brain. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Very good news. It's a thread btw.

I think we are going to be much better actually scoring goals...I think we will still be at the lower end in terms of preventing them lol. Blackwood and Crawford are going to be stressed. I'm hopeful that they are up for it. 

But man, just going to be nice to be entertained, to be honest. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think we are going to be much better actually scoring goals...I think we will still be at the lower end in terms of preventing them lol. Blackwood and Crawford are going to be stressed. I'm hopeful that they are up for it. 

But man, just going to be nice to be entertained, to be honest. 

I was just worried, with retaining Nas, we would run some similar variant to what Hynes ran. I'm just glad we threw that trash into the dumpster.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Fitzy almost missed out on Holtz. Assumed Buffalo wanted Rossi and considered trading back.

Interesting. We must have really liked holtz, though I suppose it depends on how far they were moving back. They could have had perfetti at 10