Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Sam also has a lot of momentum there. Mook's been doing okay. 

Absolutely. Promising that he stopped him in his tracks and was the first one up lol. I've come around on the Mookie pick. I was obviously wrong to be pissed at taking Holtz because he's obviously special at what he does. Overall, our 2020 1st round class looks like it could be stupid good. 

Russians look good. Really silencing the USA big guns and did the same with the Canadians before too.

Also Podkolzin is overrated af. Nothing I've seen about the kid screams top 6 talent. He hustles, has size, skates pretty well, defensively good and can cycle well, but he has the skill of a brick. His hands are stone. He has no business being in top 20 or even 30 in prospect rankings.

EDIT TO ADD: FFS I thought this was the NHL thread.

Edited by Canadian Saint
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Absolutely. Promising that he stopped him in his tracks and was the first one up lol. I've come around on the Mookie pick. I was obviously wrong to be pissed at taking Holtz because he's obviously special at what he does. Overall, our 2020 1st round class looks like it could be stupid good. 

Right now I still look at his basically like severson with a better shot. He could certainly be good. I think he'll definitely be an nhl player at some point. I don't know how high I'm building on that yet

30 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Russians look good. Really silencing the USA big guns and did the same with the Canadians before too.

Also Podkolzin is overrated af. Nothing I've seen about the kid screams top 6 talent. He hustles, has size, skates pretty well, defensively good and can cycle well, but he has the skill of a brick. His hands are stone. He has no business being in top 20 or even 30 in prospect rankings.

EDIT TO ADD: FFS I thought this was the NHL thread.

Remember when he was going to be like the third overall pick? Obviously still went high, but I vividly remember top 3-5 hype

EDIT TO ADD: it is

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Forge said:

Right now I still look at his basically like severson with a better shot. He could certainly be good. I think he'll definitely be an nhl player at some point. I don't know how high I'm building on that yet

And that's at 18/19 playing major minutes for Russia in the WJC and in the KHL. He's also our third pick of the 2020 draft with the first two looking like absolute studs in their +1 year.

I mean, we knew that there was a legit chance that Dawson Mercer would fall to 18 but, god damn, am I happy that other teams took bigger gambles. Mercer looks like an absolute home run right now.