Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Okay, I'll say it...

Hynes needs to go.

We are at that point. I saw the stat on hf boards that we are basically 0-7 when tied with ten minutes to go (0-4-3,). That's insane. 

Also, the personnel decisions are a little weird. Brought on hf and I agree with them; 12 and 14 minutes for bratt and zacha. The latter with 4 goals in 3? No overtime ice time for bratt? Isn't his skillset ideally suited for 3-3? I love zajac, but he shouldn't be on the ice in OT except to take a draw

51 minutes ago, Forge said:

We are at that point. I saw the stat on hf boards that we are basically 0-7 when tied with ten minutes to go (0-4-3,). That's insane. 

Also, the personnel decisions are a little weird. Brought on hf and I agree with them; 12 and 14 minutes for bratt and zacha. The latter with 4 goals in 3? No overtime ice time for bratt? Isn't his skillset ideally suited for 3-3? I love zajac, but he shouldn't be on the ice in OT except to take a draw

Go get Q. We need a real HC lol. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

We. Are. Awful.

Couldn't even bring myself to turn on the game at the current point in time against Tampa with Cory in net. Was going to check in on it after a while and it it was good, turn it on. The first time I click on it's, it's already 3-0 LOL

Just now, Forge said:

Couldn't even bring myself to turn on the game at the current point in time against Tampa with Cory in net. Was going to check in on it after a while and it it was good, turn it on. The first time I click on it's, it's already 3-0 LOL

Hope Jack Hughes likes the East Coast.

Hope Jack Hughes likes the East Coast.

Going to be hard to beat the Kings out of that top spot. They are abysmal. We'd have to get lucky in the lotto again. 

Man, those kings teams though...with the money they have tied up over the next few years to some of those players? That's not getting turned around any time quick, Hughes or not lol. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Going to be hard to beat the Kings out of that top spot. They are abysmal. We'd have to get lucky in the lotto again. 

Man, those kings teams though...with the money they have tied up over the next few years to some of those players? That's not getting turned around any time quick, Hughes or not lol. 

We got this.

• Like 1

Okay...yeah, I really don't know how we don't buy Cory out at this point. Jesus. I mean, he's awful. Granted, this entire team blows right now, not just Cory, but yikes. Salary dump him for Bobby Ryan or something. I'd do that deal in a heart beat right now even though Ryan is pricier. I've been a proponent of the idea that if we aren't going to spend the money, just keep him on another year and lessen the buy out down the line, but this is hard to watch at this point. I don't know that I could take another season of Cory as a starter. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Okay...yeah, I really don't know how we don't buy Cory out at this point. Jesus. I mean, he's awful. Granted, this entire team blows right now, not just Cory, but yikes. Salary dump him for Bobby Ryan or something. I'd do that deal in a heart beat right now even though Ryan is pricier. I've been a proponent of the idea that if we aren't going to spend the money, just keep him on another year and lessen the buy out down the line, but this is hard to watch at this point. I don't know that I could take another season of Cory as a starter. 

I'm just bracing for the fact that Hall's going to leave.

I'm just bracing for the fact that Hall's going to leave.

As long as we don't just let him walk. I can come to terms with him not wanting to be in Jersey...I can't come to terms with not getting him an extension and then just allowing him to walk in FA with trading him for assets.