Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Really blows my mind that people on hf are consistently like, "yeah, we should resign Palms, Murray and Kulikov".  Seriously, blows my mind. Kulikov has been an amazing signing. It wouldn't be if he were on anything except a minimal one year deal. He's 30 years old and is a bottom pairing type who maybe sometimes play up. Murray has been a healthy scratch and can't stay healthy. There's always a price point for Palms where I'd take him back...but I don't get how people can't see how bad we have been for the last 8 years, see how bad we are again this year and the solution is, "let's keep bringing back out players" 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Really blows my mind that people on hf are consistently like, "yeah, we should resign Palms, Murray and Kulikov".  Seriously, blows my mind. Kulikov has been an amazing signing. It wouldn't be if he were on anything except a minimal one year deal. He's 30 years old and is a bottom pairing type who maybe sometimes play up. Murray has been a healthy scratch and can't stay healthy. There's always a price point for Palms where I'd take him back...but I don't get how people can't see how bad we have been for the last 8 years, see how bad we are again this year and the solution is, "let's keep bringing back out players" 

It's always the "you have to pay someone" argument too. Palms doesn't deserve anything more than a "prove it" one year deal at this point. LIS yesterday, when he's bad, he's worst player on the ice bad and he's a streaky scorer who doesn't provide any PK help. I don't know how anyone can watch him play right now and think "yeah, that's a guy I want back." 

Murray and Kulikov were always going to be holdovers. I'd be fine with something like a 2 year deal for Murray tho. Just depends on how much we believe in Bahl and Nikita being ready next year. So far, with Bingo's struggles on the defensive end, I have my doubts.

I don't know how you can watch this team and think we should bring any of our veterans back. The youth have been the bright spot while the vets are almost all disappointing. FFS our top 3 scorers are Zacha, Hughes and Wood lmao.

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I weigh that pretty heavily with regards to grading ruff, tbh. 

Ruff's been pretty great tbqh. I get kinda pissed at the line shuffling but that's gonna happen. Hockey coaches just can't help themselves in that regard. We look like a real NHL team for the first time in over 5 years.