Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

Ah yes, the "you have to pay someone" and the "shooting percentage" arguments as to why Palms needs to be retained.

I'm sorry but I couldn't care less if we put Maltsev in his spot. Palms isn't finishing and is a borderline liability when he's not scoring. 

1 year deal. That's it. If he doesn't take it, he can leave.

Find the lie....

By "extend" I meant those of you that want him around for 3+ more years. I don't know how you guys can watch him play this year and think "yeah, that's a guy I want around long term." I don't really care for the "shooting percentage" argument due to watching him play and him being 100% the reason for that crappy percentage this year, not spectacular saves or bad puck luck. I recall when he was damn near in the crease and somehow managed to put the puck wide of the net and get all glass. His skating is already turd level and he doesn't mesh with the style of hockey we've been playing. I mean, he looked brutal playing with Jack because he couldn't anticipate anything about Jack's playmaking ability.

If he's willing to take a 1 or 2 year deal until Mercer/Holtz/Clarke etc are ready, fine. If he's adamant about 3-4 years, in this market, he can take the first bus outta town on April 12th. As was said prior, I'm not signing someone just because a replacement isn't ready. That's bad business and how you get stuck with crap contracts and I can almost guarantee that a Palms contract beyond 1-2 years will be a crap contract. He already doesn't skate well, looks disinterested 90% of the time and when he's not scoring, he's offering nothing of value. He's dreadful on the PK so you can't play him there so it's not like he provides some must have special teams value.

I also don't have any type of emotional attachment to the guy so...see ya.

and...

With how many grenade handlers we have on this squad, I'm actually inclined to want Kent Johnson. Just watching Washington possess the puck the other night and seeing our guys treat the damn thing like a hot potato made me realize we have like 4 guys on this squad that have the ability to keep the puck on their stick and a bunch of dudes with the puck handling ability of Miles Wood.

Yes, we need RHD and goal scorers but, dear god, do we need guys that can skate with the puck.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I wonder if Boston would be interested in swapping DeBrusk for Palmieri?

I'd be in on that. I'd also talk to Carolina. Man, I wish we had made that nino + bean for palms +3rd deal I came up with lol

• Like 1