Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

The problem for me with Bratt is that at some point, the eye test has to produce results, and it's kind of touch and go. I see him weave into the offensive zone, but he's taking horrible shots, passing up great shots...won't fight in the corners. I don't know. I mean, I see the talent that could make him a 60 point per year guy, but he puts it together for like these weirdly short spurts and that's it. He's making such huge strides in terms of controlling the puck, dominating TOP when he gets it....but damn, we need results at some point.  I feel like he's a tease who's going to be a consistent 45 point guy. 

And that's fine IMO. He'll be an excellent puck control 3rd line LW once we get the top 6 filled. In the most ideal scenario, both he and Zacha are 3rd liners and really good ones at that. Obviously we drafted Zacha to be a top 6 forward but I think his best role, on this squad, will be #3 C. You fill the top 6 and then your 3rd line is Bratt-Zacha-Kuokkanen? Yeah, I'm good with that.

Or Bratt-Zacha-Mercer if we manage to land another top 6 potential RW in UFA or the draft (or Clarke hits).

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

And that's fine IMO. He'll be an excellent puck control 3rd line LW once we get the top 6 filled. In the most ideal scenario, both he and Zacha are 3rd liners and really good ones at that. Obviously we drafted Zacha to be a top 6 forward but I think his best role, on this squad, will be #3 C. You fill the top 6 and then your 3rd line is Bratt-Zacha-Kuokkanen? Yeah, I'm good with that.

Zacha as the center piece in a Laine deal. I'm in for it. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Zacha as the center piece in a Laine deal. I'm in for it. 

I can't say I would hate it. I'd just imagine we'd have to use our 2021 1st as well and I really don't want to do that.

Edited by beekay414

Just now, Forge said:

I thought he was off sides. You didn't think he was?

If he was, it was by less than an inch. There was no definitive evidence that should've changed the ruling on the ice. You see Bratt's skate moving back to the blue line and right on it when Zacha crosses with the puck.