Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

13 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Was working so I missed it. Any updates?

Apparently he has feeling everywhere, so that is good. I'm sure he'll be out for a bit, but I haven't heard of any major issues (torn / broken body parts, etc), so that's good. 

Also, Hall had knee surgery. Certainly done for the season now. Would love to know just what the hell happened. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm sort of annoyed with the coaching in the Calgary game. We only had 11 forwards dressed and decided to play yakovlev at left wing instead of severson. That really annoys me lol

I laughed when I saw that. I guess they are ridiculously adamant that he's a Dman only despite being absolutely brutal in his own zone. 

• Like 1

Not sure if you watched the flyers game, but if you didn't, you should check out the goal by Rooney and watch the pass by Bratt. It's an incredible pass. That kid is so damn good. Really looking forward to watching him in future years. 

He had 35 points in 74 games last year, has 33 in only 49 this year. That's a damn fine improvement. He's low-key nearly matching Nico on a per game average, and he's doing this taking 9% lower starts in the offensive zone than he was last year. 

And there's still room for improvement too.

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Not sure if you watched the flyers game, but if you didn't, you should check out the goal by Rooney and watch the pass by Bratt. It's an incredible pass. That kid is so damn good. Really looking forward to watching him in future years. 

He had 35 points in 74 games last year, has 33 in only 49 this year. That's a damn fine improvement. He's low-key nearly matching Nico on a per game average, and he's doing this taking 9% lower starts in the offensive zone than he was last year. 

And there's still room for improvement too.

Bratt's potential is top line winger. Hell, he may be actually playing out of position on the right side also! Kid was a massive steal in the 6th. 

19 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Even tho we are losing (which is good), Blackwood has been highly impressive. 

He really has been. Honestly, the defense hasn't been bad either lol. Not much we can do right now. We are legit putting an ahl team on the ice

Just now, Forge said:

He really has been. Honestly, the defense hasn't been bad either lol. Not much we can do right now. We are legit putting an ahl team on the ice

lol yeah, I don't even bother updating the roster in the OP because guys are going on IR and up and down from the AHL so often. I look every gameday and see someone new lol.

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol yeah, I don't even bother updating the roster in the OP because guys are going on IR and up and down from the AHL so often. I look every gameday and see someone new lol.

But at least we are getting some of those young guys some experience. I'm not a big believer that a handful of games would wreck confidence, so I'm all about getting them in there

1 minute ago, Forge said:

But at least we are getting some of those young guys some experience. I'm not a big believer that a handful of games would wreck confidence, so I'm all about getting them in there

For sure. This is what I've been advocating for a while. No more playing scrubs like Stafford and Gryba over the youth. Let them get that NHL experience and confidence and let's get this rebuild going full steam ahead.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I can't believe the avs are probably going to end up with the first overall pick and Hughes. Almost unfair lol

Just gotta hope the lottery balls send them to the 3rd pick, at best. They don't deserve Hughes or Kakko.