Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

44 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

What do you think we could get from Edmonton for Severson?

Would they be in the market for him? 

1st round + Savoie I'd be happy with. If we can get Yamamoto in there and throw in a guy like kuokkanen I'd be pretty okay

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Would they be in the market for him? 

1st round + Savoie I'd be happy with. If we can get Yamamoto in there and throw in a guy like kuokkanen I'd be pretty okay

They need RHD help. 

Carter Savoie or Raphael Lavoie?

I think I'd ask for Holloway.

Just now, beekay414 said:

They need RHD help. 

Carter Savoie or Raphael Lavoie?

I think I'd ask for Holloway.

I thought of Holloway because I liked his fit as something we needed, but I think he's their top prospect and I feel like teams get weird about trading "that guy", so I figured a first and lower prospect. 

Carter Savoie. I wish he had lavoie's size of course, I know he's a mighty mite, but I just think he's the better player and prospect

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I thought of Holloway because I liked his fit as something we needed, but I think he's their top prospect and I feel like teams get weird about trading "that guy", so I figured a first and lower prospect. 

Carter Savoie. I wish he had lavoie's size of course, I know he's a mighty mite, but I just think he's the better player and prospect

Yeah but if it's Holloway and filler for Severson without picks involved, it could happen. Especially if we use our depth to give them ELC contracts.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yeah but if it's Holloway and filler for Severson without picks involved, it could happen. Especially if we use our depth to give them ELC contracts.

I'd take Holloway straight up before a pick and lower prospect.

Have you turned around on Holloway, or is it just you consider him their only worthwhile prospect

Just now, Forge said:

I'd take Holloway straight up before a pick and lower prospect.

Have you turned around on Holloway, or is it just you consider him their only worthwhile prospect

Think it's a bit of both. Holloway's a good fit for us with his style and he upped his game in his +1 year. If they want Severson, especially with a year of control, I'd absolutely push for him to be the deal.

I don't know what $$$ filler they would have to part with but I'd give up an additional player on an ELC to make it happen.

Holloway and Koskinen (let him get beat up the rest of the year) for Severson and Nolan Foote

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Captain Broken Face McPegleg can't do it for an entire season and uphold thy name.

I've sort of accepted him as a solid all around 50 point guy. Underwhelming for a 1oa, but the contract is fine through his prime and we can build around that provided we don't expect more