Around the NFL

Forge

21 hours ago, StevenK said:

Wow so the Bills just traded Marcell Dareus to the Jags for a 6th round pick! I like what the Jags are doing and think once they get a QB, they will be dangerous! That defense has already been playing lights out.

See this the kind of move I expect from Lynch instead of signing retread vets like McDaniel and Douzable. You can't tell me Dareus next to Buckner couldnt work. Dareus is no choir boy but he's still relatively young, with a ton of talent 

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

See this the kind of move I expect from Lynch instead of signing retread vets like McDaniel and Douzable. You can't tell me Dareus next to Buckner couldnt work. Dareus is no choir boy but he's still relatively young, with a ton of talent 

Also lazy, overpaid, not playing well, and already has a suspension, and can't stay on the field for various reasons. He hasn't been good in 3 years. I'm alright without this move. There are other positions I'd work on first. 

Just now, Forge said:

And there is still a lot of debate on whether he should be in. He's going to be an interesting case study

I don't think there's any real debate between those that will vote. He's most likely going to pass Jerome Bettis in both rushing yards and touchdowns this year, and Bettis has still played more games than Gore. Bettis has way more carries, which makes sense - as Gore has played most of his career in the pass-first league. Neither ever led the league in anything (other than Bettis once in attempts). So - there should really be no debate. Even if Gore doesn't pass Bettis - finishing the career with less than 200 fewer yards and 1 fewer TD likely isn't the difference between the HOF and not.

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

I don't think there's any real debate between those that will vote. He's most likely going to pass Jerome Bettis in both rushing yards and touchdowns this year, and Bettis has still played more games than Gore. Bettis has way more carries, which makes sense - as Gore has played most of his career in the pass-first league. Neither ever led the league in anything (other than Bettis once in attempts). So - there should really be no debate. Even if Gore doesn't pass Bettis - finishing the career with less than 200 fewer yards and 1 fewer TD likely isn't the difference between the HOF and not.

He does have two first team all pro though. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

He does have two first team all pro though. 

True, but that's hardly Gore's fault that his best seasons were during other players extraordinary seasons. I mean, if Tomlinson doesn't score 31 TDs in 2006, Gore is a shoe-in for that. 

10 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

True, but that's hardly Gore's fault that his best seasons were during other players extraordinary seasons. I mean, if Tomlinson doesn't score 31 TDs in 2006, Gore is a shoe-in for that. 

As a niner fan, i want him in. Worry they will draw the line somewhere though and that line is Gore

2 hours ago, Forge said:

As a niner fan, i want him in. Worry they will draw the line somewhere though and that line is Gore

Oh yeah - no doubt we all do. I just don't see him being left out, especially if he ends up top 5. That would just be a weird place to draw that line. Edgerrin James - sure. Draw the line there. Gore has just been a machine. It will take a few years of eligibility, possibly longer than it took Bettis/Martin. But he'll be in. Back when he was fringe top 10, I was worried...but as he's continued to climb and his numbers are just too good when guys with less who also weren't dominant are in there. 

One other thing to consider - Gore is the type of player that his teammates have always loved, his coaches have always loved, and most importantly (since they vote) the beat writers have always loved. He's always been about football, he's never caused off-field problems, and his love/passion for the game are well-known. That's the type of player you want in the Hall. 

Watson against the Legion of Boom on the road has 330 passing yards and 59 rushing yards to go along with three passing TDs. He does have two terrible INTs, but man is he fun to watch. Dude has turned the Texans into one of the best offensive teams in the league. Hopkins with a competent QB is such a monster.

Another QB the Niners will regret passing on. After the National Championship game thought for sure Watson would be the top pick. He just has IT. For some reason leading up to the draft teams were down on him. He went to the perfect situation

Archived