Group Consensus Mock - Rd 2 Winner Jessie Bates

JLambert58

Group Consensus Mock - Round 2  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who are YOU taking with the 60th pick? (Rd 2)

• Jessie Bates S
    • Kyzir White S
    • Tarvarius Moore S
    • Terrell Edmunds S
    • M.J. Stewart CB/S
    • Anthony Averett CB
    • Donte Jackson CB
    • Tim Settle DT
    • Rasheem Green DE
    • DaShawn Hand DE
    • Duke Ejiofor DE/ OLB
    • Uchenna Nwosu OLB
    • Josh Sweat OLB
    • Mark Andrews TE
    • Michael Gallup WR
    • Anthony Miller WR
    • James Washington WR
    • Rashaad Penny RB
    • Nick Chubb RB
    • Kerryon Johnson RB

I went Duke Ejiofor. Higher upside than anyone else on the board at the moment. There’s a few guys that have higher floors, but I’m willing to run the risk. I don’t want any of tha safeties because as long as the QB can sit in the pocket, you could have Prime Mel Blount, Prime Donnie Shell, Prime Rod Woodson, Prime TP, Prime Ed Reed and still get lit up. So someone that can be a situational pass rusher to rotate with Dupree, and can play effectively in the 2-4 front is a big win to me. 

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I went Duke Ejiofor. Higher upside than anyone else on the board at the moment. There’s a few guys that have higher floors, but I’m willing to run the risk. I don’t want any of tha safeties because as long as the QB can sit in the pocket, you could have Prime Mel Blount, Prime Donnie Shell, Prime Rod Woodson, Prime TP, Prime Ed Reed and still get lit up. So someone that can be a situational pass rusher to rotate with Dupree, and can play effectively in the 2-4 front is a big win to me. 

Dude is a beast.  He'd be a nice piece to rotate in.  My main concern is that he is coming off of Labrum surgery.  But it would be a great pick if he can get healthy.

9 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

Dude is a beast.  He'd be a nice piece to rotate in.  My main concern is that he is coming off of Labrum surgery.  But it would be a great pick if he can get healthy.

Late first early second talent if healthy. That might be the blessing in disguise to get him a la Tuitt when we drafted him. 

3 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

Yeah exactly, could be another Tuitt situation.  

It's why I'm so in favor of Evans too.  He's a top 10-15 talent in this draft if it weren't for the fact that he was injured this past year that made his tape not look as great as he can play.

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

It's why I'm so in favor of Evans too.  He's a top 10-15 talent in this draft if it weren't for the fact that he was injured this past year that made his tape not look as great as he can play.

Could be, but I'd still like to see a 40 time put on record.  Hard to say how much that has hampered him.  

7 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

Could be, but I'd still like to see a 40 time put on record.  Hard to say how much that has hampered him.  

Your not going to get a 40 time.  We never got one from Heath Miller either.  But all you had to do was watch tape from the two years to see what happened and how much he was slowed down.  Isn't hard to do.  And you can measure how far he traveled, and using a 60fps rate you can tell how fast he was between the two years.

I really dislike these options. I hope it doesn't play out this way. I'd hate to spend a 2nd Rdr on a WR/TE. RB is somewhat tempting. I don't see Bates as a 2nd Rdr but he prolly doesn't make in to #92.  Duke is Ok but not much of an improvement over Dupree IMO and I don't think you take a rotational player in Rd 2. Sweat is a hometown boy and previously the #1 DE prospect in the country. But a gruesome leg injury his Senior year really stunted his development. He showed out at the Combine but that medical flag is hard to ignore in the 2nd Rd. With all that said, I don't really see a clear cut pick. I'll reach for Bates here (even tho that means no Gaulden in Rd 3 >:().

27 minutes ago, Armsteeld2 said:

Donte Jackson is Tre’Davious White mixed with Janoris Jenkins.  This guy has superstar talent and would be a steal this late.  His ability to mirror plus that speed is something special.

He was tempting but I have more confidence in our CBs then most I think. Win Now! Unless one of the top tier CBs fell, I'm fine with Burns/Haden/Hilton/Sutton/Allen.  

17 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Your not going to get a 40 time.  We never got one from Heath Miller either.  But all you had to do was watch tape from the two years to see what happened and how much he was slowed down.  Isn't hard to do.  And you can measure how far he traveled, and using a 60fps rate you can tell how fast he was between the two years.

Yes and as another Poster said Dunbar knows how fast he is. Speed isn't going to be a concern with a healthy Evans. 

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

Duke had shoulder surgery in February why he didnt work out. said it will take at least 5-6 months to heal, so he will miss all that time as a rookie, probably well into training camp and then a slow/gradual start. Had him ranked at top of 2nd until taking the injury and the missed time into consideration.

Archived