Forum by forum Mock Draft - Pick 29

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

every mock sim ive ran seems to have Crosby valued like around 50-60 plus he probably rather go for Big Orlando brown

?

Either way, I've seen some mocks where he's gotten taken late 1st/early 2nd. Wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility and I really like what I see. Is he my favorite guy for 29? Obviously not. But I wouldn't be opposed. 

Excells in the run game which is what we're all about, wouldn't shock me if he's a target whether it's at 29 or later (if he is available late 2nd/early 3rd).

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

What makes you think this?

AJ Cann is clearly the weak link on the OL. We definitely need a guy long-term at RT when Parnell is done, but RG is pretty up in the air too I'd say. Ideally, we'd get a guy who can be slid inside until Parnell is done and then you can move him out there, but it really all depends on how they feel about Cann as well. If they don't see him as a long-term guy, we could see an OG and a developmental RT taken. There's a decent chance we'll need both spots filled in a year or two.

cuz yall acted like i suggested a Punter in round 1 when i Suggested a Guard whos considered by some Draft guys as the 2nd best guard in the class.  williams sucks. watch his 2016 film then watch his 2017 stuff.  its a Clear decline for whatever reason. 

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

?

Either way, I've seen some mocks where he's gotten taken late 1st/early 2nd. Wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility and I really like what I see. Is he my favorite guy for 29? Obviously not. But I wouldn't be opposed. 

Excells in the run game which is what we're all about, wouldn't shock me if he's a target whether it's at 29 or later (if he is available late 2nd/early 3rd).

Orlando Brown is on the God Tier from your article. 

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

cuz yall acted like i suggested a Punter in round 1 when i Suggested a Guard whos considered by some Draft guys as the 2nd best guard in the class.  williams sucks. watch his 2016 film then watch his 2017 stuff.  its a Clear decline for whatever reason. 

Last year in which he missed time/wasn't fully healthy at times?

I've watched Connor Williams. I wouldn't be saying I like him if I hadn't watched him.

Just now, LinderFournette said:

Orlando Brown is on the God Tier from your article. 

It's a fan written article. It just points out the guys that fit closely to past OL taken where Marrone was a HC. Doesn't mean it's the end all be all, just shows that he has a "type" and that those guys fit that "type" more than others. Doesn't mean he can't draft a guy that isn't that.

Orlando Brown also BOMBED, and I mean BOMBED, the combine/athletic measurements. More so than anyone ever really. I like the guy, but with that being the case I'd be shocked to see him taken in the 1st or even the top half of the 2nd. I don't think he's the guy.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Last year in which he missed time/wasn't fully healthy at times?

I've watched Connor Williams. I wouldn't be saying I like him if I hadn't watched him.

It's a fan written article. It just points out the guys that fit closely to past OL taken where Marrone was a HC. Doesn't mean it's the end all be all, just shows that he has a "type" and that those guys fit that "type" more than others. Doesn't mean he can't draft a guy that isn't that.

Orlando Brown also BOMBED, and I mean BOMBED, the combine/athletic measurements. More so than anyone ever really. I like the guy, but with that being the case I'd be shocked to see him taken in the 1st or even the top half of the 2nd. I don't think he's the guy.

no but i can certainly see us going for him round 2 or 3. 

Like ive said carter would take care of sam and offers a Potential Solution to the Fowler Option question. 

12 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Whats your point? Its not like we draft 29 every year

You’re thinking in terms of the number 29 I’m thinking more along the lines of the prospect. RJ Soward had character flaws before we drafted him that Coughlin ignored. Learn from your mistakes a guy like Chark has red flag character concerns you can’t whiff on a 1st rounder he needs to be a solid contributor at the least. 

8 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

You’re thinking in terms of the number 29 I’m thinking more along the lines of the prospect. RJ Soward had character flaws before we drafted him that Coughlin ignored. Learn from your mistakes a guy like Chark has red flag character concerns you can’t whiff on a 1st rounder he needs to be a solid contributor at the least. 

I feel like you can just as easily whiff on a character concern round 1 as opposed to a choir boy. I think RJ Soward has nothing to do with what we do in this draft. Coughlin had many drafts in NY after that. Didnt he draft OBJ who wasn't 100% concern-free?

10 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I feel like you can just as easily whiff on a character concern round 1 as opposed to a choir boy. I think RJ Soward has nothing to do with what we do in this draft. Coughlin had many drafts in NY after that. Didnt he draft OBJ who wasn't 100% concern-free?

I don’t remember Coughlin making any front office acquisition in NY he wasn’t the GM. Once again I’m just using RJ Soward as an example I don’t care who it is you can’t use a round 1 draft pick on any player with red flag concerns. That’s all I’m saying you’re digging a little too deep. That’s just my philosophy a round 1 prospect should be a guy with 0 character issues. I was usin RJ to simply say learn from your mistakes Coughlin was the GM when RJ was selected don’t make the same mistake twice I don’t care if it’s a dlinemen with character issues don’t select him with a 1st round selection.

3 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

I don’t remember Coughlin making any front office acquisition in NY he wasn’t the GM. Once again I’m just using RJ Soward as an example I don’t care who it is you can’t use a round 1 draft pick on any player with red flag concerns. That’s all I’m saying you’re digging a little too deep. That’s just my philosophy a round 1 prospect should be a guy with 0 character issues. I was usin RJ to simply say learn from your mistakes Coughlin was the GM when RJ was selected don’t make the same mistake twice I don’t care if it’s a dlinemen with character issues don’t select him with a 1st round selection.

Just because he wasnt the GM doesn't mean he didn't have a massive say in who was picked. We're talking about Tom Coughlin.

9 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

Chark is also a pretty 1-dimensional receiver prospect.  Great combine testing and deep ball guy, but basically looks like a Martavis Bryant.  Even squeaky clean off the field, i wouldn't take a guy like that round 1.

21 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Chark is also a pretty 1-dimensional receiver prospect.  Great combine testing and deep ball guy, but basically looks like a Martavis Bryant.  Even squeaky clean off the field, i wouldn't take a guy like that round 1.

With the passing offense LSU had mixed with that QB play I don't know if you can get an accurate depiction on how good he actually is.. and that goes without saying about a lot of prospects for example you can take FSU.. next year you will see a few rookies off that terrible Nole D are going to come into the league and be strong contributors. Derwin James talent was not unlocked because of piss poor coaching you have to look at the talent potential of the player and it also takes the players desire to get better on his own.. but if the talent is you have to unlock it did you think JJ Watt was going to be a 22 sack guy coming out of college? I don't want Chark btw that would be a reach but I see a lot of mocks mocking him to us.

It looks like the Jags are not going to go with conventional type A big physical receivers, it looks like their wrinkle will be power running game mixed with slender fast receivers.  Picking this pick is hard do to the fact there are no holes on this team and it's only 1 pick and you can't fix all your issues with 1 pick. I think the only glaring issue would be the replacement of Parnell in 19' only logical pick would be Oline anything outside of that would be a bit of a head scratcher. 

On 4/19/2018 at 10:40 AM, .Buzz said:

Just because he wasnt the GM doesn't mean he didn't have a massive say in who was picked. We're talking about Tom Coughlin.

We’re also talking about a front office that spent 73 million in free agency over Coughlins last 5 yrs. Than the year after he left they spent 145 million of the the cap in 1 off season ??‍♂️. I don’t know how he had much say. He may have had input buuuuuuuuut he wasn’t pulling the trigger.

32 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

We’re also talking about a front office that spent 73 million in free agency over Coughlins last 5 yrs. Than the year after he left they spent 145 million of the the cap in 1 off season ??‍♂️. I don’t know how he had much say. He may have had input buuuuuuuuut he wasn’t pulling the trigger.

Never said he was, the GM ultimately has final say on draft picks. But there's no way Tom Coughlin isn't constantly in the ear of that GM speaking his mind. With his history/success, I don't think a GM would shoot down what he had to say.

Archived