***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Infinity Wars

Deadpulse

27 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You think Disney is going to kill off all those characters they spent 10 years and millions of dollars making?  It's common sense. 

That doesn't mean they can't be dead, and brought back. Just like in the original source material. Get the gauntlet and restore things back to normal. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Thats why Avengers 4 will deal with the quantum realm/time travel to pun intended avenge those deaths an bring em back to life. At least that's the popular theory being thrown around. 

Or this. The set photos for Avengers 4 show the surviving members with some type of watch tech on their hand. Captain America is in his first Avengers suit too. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Cause they are not gonna kill off a major blockbuster franchise like Black Panther in one movie and do prequels to fill it up. It needs a trilogy to carry on into the future timelines. Tchalla is the perfect character to do that if they can get Boseman to take on a Tony Stark type role for the new heroes.

Wait what? There are only two movies in between Avengers 3 and Avengers 4. Ant Man and the Wasp, and Captain Marvel. Black Panther can be dead, brought back in Avengers 4 (like everyone else), and have his story continue with sequels. 

Edited by PapaShogun

6 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Wait what? There are only two movies in between Avengers 3 and Avengers 4. Ant Man and the Wasp, and Captain Marvel. Black Panther can be dead, brought back in Avengers 4, and have his story continue with sequels. 

I'm sorry I should have said also Peter Parker. Oh and Dr. Strange.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/03/09/avengers-infinity-war-dead-characters-stay-/

These characters have to continue. Especially Parker.

Edit: And wait are you suggesting that Thanos brings them back to life? Or worse Gamora? If so then no one dies at the end of this series since if she has the gauntlet then nothing is out of her power then its a happy ending for everyone.

Edited by Calvert28

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I'm sorry I should have said also Peter Parker. Oh and Dr. Strange.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/03/09/avengers-infinity-war-dead-characters-stay-/

These characters have to continue. Especially Parker.

I'm not sure why you linked to that Kevin Fiege article. It's obvious misdirection since he also said Hawkeye was in Avengers 3, and he's not. Or what your response has to do with my point. Ant Man 2 and Captain Marvel are the only two movies between Avengers 3 and 4. Strange and Parker can stay dead in the meantime along with everyone else. 

I think there is some confusion here. When I say "dead", I don't mean "dead and they can't come back". No one is ever truly dead in comic world. That doesn't mean they can't be dead for a period of time. Just like characters have in countless stories. 

Even Gamora with how she "died" will probably be brought back. Wouldn't even close the book on Loki. 

Edited by PapaShogun

Just now, PapaShogun said:

I'm not sure why you linked to that Kevin Fiege article. It's obvious misdirection since he also said Hawkeye was in Avengers 3, and he's not. Or what your response has to do with my point. Ant Man 2 and Captain Marvel are the only two movies between Avengers 3 and 4. Strange and Parker can stay dead in the meantime along with everyone else. 

I think there is some confusion here. When I say "dead", I don't mean "dead and they can't come back". No one is ever truly dead in comic world. That doesn't mean they can't be dead for a period of time. Just like characters have in countless stories. 

Movie studios are not comic books. If these characters are dead. There is a strong possibility they reboot it with a new actor and new villains if they do bring them back. For example Christian Bale and Ben Affleck in Batman. And Bale's Batman didn't even die.

Also what Fiege said with Hawkeye was misdirection. But what Fiege says goes. At any time he can make it law that they stay dead. If they come back it will be entirely new, new people, new everything.

16 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Movie studios are not comic books. If these characters are dead. There is a strong possibility they reboot it with a new actor and new villains if they do bring them back. For example Christian Bale and Ben Affleck in Batman. And Bale's Batman didn't even die.

Also what Fiege said with Hawkeye was misdirection. But what Fiege says goes. At any time he can make it law that they stay dead. If they come back it will be entirely new, new people, new everything.

"Movie studios are not comic books." Ok. That still doesn't negate from my point that characters in comic books are never truly dead, which is the reality these films are based off of. 

They could use different actors to play the same roles, but I'm guessing (and this seems to be the popular theory) is that they just move on to other characters, while certain others retire. That isn't rebooting. The MCU won't be "rebooted" (why would they) like Batman was with Ben Affleck compared to Bale's version. Completely separate from what Nolan did. MCU won't start from scratch, which is what rebooting is.  

As far as Fiege goes, it's already proven that you don't know what he's saying is or isn't real. No one knows. Because he has the final say on something doesn't mean he can't lie about certain events he says will happen. He has no obligation to tell the truth to anyone about anything. Which is how it should be. 

If the characters at the end of Avengers 3 aren't dead (as in they can return), where are they? 

Edited by PapaShogun

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

"Movie studios are not comic books." Ok. That still doesn't negate from my point that characters in comic books are never truly dead, which is the reality these films are based off of. 

They could use different actors to play the same roles, but I'm guessing (and this seems to be the popular theory) is that they just move on to other characters, while certain others retire. That isn't rebooting. The MCU won't be "rebooted" (why would they) like Batman was with Ben Affleck compared to Bale's version. Completely separate from what Nolan did. 

As far as Fiege goes, it's already proven that you don't know what he's saying is or isn't real. No one knows. Because he has the final say on something doesn't mean he can't lie about certain events he says will happen. 

Doesn't mean he's not being serious he's the man in charge. What he says goes.

It's also been stated they are bringing in a new line of heroes. Starting with Captain Marvel, really with SpiderMan and they are going to start the new Avengers with new villains and new stories. Can dead heroes be "rebooted". Sure, but it's been stated they are moving on in the Universe and these studios only have so much money to throw around. It's alot. But go through the list that we are already hearing about, SpiderMan, Captain Marvel, Adam Warlock, we still need more Black Panther movies. Not to mention Evans and Hemsworth said they aren't coming back after the 4 Avengers movie. So continuing "this" universe with a bunch of revived characters with new faces doesn't sound appealing in the least. Considering how well the actors they chose have been doing. People cried enough about Affleck being the new Batman and demanded Bale be brought back. I mean do you honestly think the transition would be smooth going from Chris Hemsworth to Dwayne Johnson as Thor (to throw out a hypothetical)?

20 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Doesn't mean he's not being serious he's the man in charge. What he says goes.

It's also been stated they are bringing in a new line of heroes. Starting with Captain Marvel, really with SpiderMan and they are going to start the new Avengers with new villains and new stories. Can dead heroes be "rebooted". Sure, but it's been stated they are moving on in the Universe and these studios only have so much money to throw around. It's alot. But go through the list that we are already hearing about, SpiderMan, Captain Marvel, Adam Warlock, we still need more Black Panther movies. Not to mention Evans and Hemsworth said they aren't coming back after the 4 Avengers movie. So continuing "this" universe with a bunch of revived characters with new faces doesn't sound appealing in the least. Considering how well the actors they chose have been doing. People cried enough about Affleck being the new Batman and demanded Bale be brought back. I mean do you honestly think the transition would be smooth going from Chris Hemsworth to Dwayne Johnson as Thor (to throw out a hypothetical)?

Right, so basically no one knows. Which means no conclusions can be definitively drawn from what he says anywhere. 

Dead heroes be rebooted? I'm just talking about people being resurrected. They can be brought back and still retire. They don't have to die to go away, which I don't fully expect them too. I'm assuming most will be dead for a while like the rest of the universe, and brought back. Then either some of the big names retire in-narrative or are killed off in the final stand against Thanos. 

My main point in all of this is from what happens at the end of Avengers 3. They're dead for a while (like with the rest of the universe), but will be brought back in Avengers 4. What happens after that I don't know. But for now, they dead. 

MCU isn't rebooting like DC. And they aren't recasting someone else to play Iron Man, Thor, Captain America (that would be stupid to me). Those guys will probably just ride off into the sunset, or a couple will die in an epic conclusion in the next movie. 

Edited by PapaShogun

Wayyyyyyyyy too much crammed into a couple of hours.

No way all those guys stay dead.

Didn't expect him to have all 5 stones in one film.

Also kinda frustrating the number of times they had him beat and messed it up, Starlord I'm looking at you.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Wayyyyyyyyy too much crammed into a couple of hours.

No way all those guys stay dead.

Didn't expect him to have all 5 stones in one film.

Also kinda frustrating the number of times they had him beat and messed it up, Starlord I'm looking at you.

Funny thing is Strange probably could have used the Time Stone to go back to that moment. The Quill thing was cringe worthy though to a degree. 

• Like 1

The scene with Okoye looking at Banner when he falls over in the suit is hilarious. GIF worthy. 

I also think it was a good move not having Death as the motivating factor for Thanos quest to get the guantlet. Don't think that would fly with a lot of people. 

Edited by PapaShogun