MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

6 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

That was such a great sequence. Pettis subbing Chiesa was the most shocking moment of the night IMO. He snatched that triangle armbar up super fast and when Chiesa went to counter it, he was one step ahead to sink it in. It was beautiful.

Idk about that. We all know Pettis has a good sub game and Chiesa was just subbed his last fight. The most shocking this is the fact the Ngannou/Lewis fight went to a decision. 

I watched the DC/Stipe fight first and when they mentioned that whole fight they threw less than the 1st of the HW title fight, i thought it meant the fight ended soon...NOPE

5 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

saw something about the plan is for him to defend 205 while Lesnar goes through USADA and then fight Lesnar. but I'm not sure I see that. both guys aren't getting any younger, they need to make hay before it's too late. and it seems like DC's put on a decent bit of mass, I'm not sure if he wants to drop that and put it on again.

the timeline that makes the most sense to me would be a Lesnar fight late this year/early next (probably depends on whether Lesnar is in the testing pool already or not), and then the winner fights Jones

Didn't think about the weight cutting. That would be interesting to be fighting at 205 and then 240. At first i wasn't happy to hear his list of guys he will/won't fight but at his age and given he holds 2 belts, as long as he fights, idc if he picks

5 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Lesnar won't get out of the USADA pool til January so he makes the most sense for the later fight before DC retires on March 20th, 2019. In the end, I think DC only fights at HW vs Lesnar before hanging it up unless something miraculous happens with Jones.

Huh?

53 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Was there beef between Chiesa and Pettis? I was unaware of it but it definitely seemed like they didnt like each other. Just happy to see this fight. I am a big Maverick fan but very happy for Pettis too. Hopefully the whole more BJJ less wrestling worry means he becomes more Showtime

Chiesa just has beef with everyone. Pettis, Lee, Yamasaki, his neighbors in the trailer park...

5 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

right after he got that BodyArmor deal and cut his dreads and got that ****in lighting bolt in his head, he started to become super unlikable. i guess just all a product of KTFOing Reem, but yeah never seen a guy immediately switch up so aggressively in persona. 

Arent you the guy that likes Mike Perry?

2 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Blast from the ******* past!

Had some free time so I've played a few mafia games, had to brag about my winnings somewhere ;)

Good to see you're still following the sport! I know some people who have given up on it with the expanded roster all the added events but that never made sense to me, who doesn't want more MMA?

Edited by PuntMyLumps
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PuntMyLumps said:

Had some free time so I've played a few mafia games, had to brag about my winnings somewhere ;)

Good to see you're still following the sport! I know some people who have given up on it with the expanded roster all the added events but that never made sense to me, who doesn't want more MMA?

I love having events every other weekend. Yea it can sometimes get watered down but with so many young fighters its cool to see them start at the bottom(of the UFC) and work up