MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

5 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Chiesa was winning the fight until he's wagging his finger at Pettis than got dropped leading to his submission.

I will never understand why fighters do this ? LW is most stacked division and really, really top heavy. He'll need 3 wins just to enter top 5 

You mean WW?

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

Absolutely friggin' huge opportunity for Ed Ruth. Also, it's about time we get to see MVP vs someone legit. I'll laugh when they give him Fitch first.

EDIT - I'd do;

Ruth vs Fitch
Koreshkov vs Larkin
Page vs Lima
Gracie vs MacDonald

Edited by beekay414

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Absolutely friggin' huge opportunity for Ed Ruth. Also, it's about time we get to see MVP vs someone legit. I'll laugh when they give him Fitch first.

I thought Rickels was pretty solid & he got more embarrassed than anyone in recent memory 

4 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

I thought Rickels was pretty solid & he got more embarrassed than anyone in recent memory 

Rickels isn't legit in my eyes tbh. He's a limited fighter that fights dumb. His only claim to fame is a win over Saad Awad 5 years ago.

now people are saying that Max might have suffered a mini-stroke while cutting weight leading up to 226. Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, since he wouldn't have started the main part of his weight cut yet.

So far we've heard....

• Concussion symptoms
  • Water intoxication
  • Knocked out in training
  • Mini-stroke from cutting weight

Whatever it is, I imagine we're going to see Ortega vs the Aldo/Stephens winner for the interim title. Gonna be a little awkward when Aldo wins and we have Max-Jose 3, and it ends in a 3rd round tko again.

5 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

now people are saying that Max might have suffered a mini-stroke while cutting weight leading up to 226. Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, since he wouldn't have started the main part of his weight cut yet.

So far we've heard....

• Concussion symptoms
  • Water intoxication
  • Knocked out in training
  • Mini-stroke from cutting weight

Whatever it is, I imagine we're going to see Ortega vs the Aldo/Stephens winner for the interim title. Gonna be a little awkward when Aldo wins and we have Max-Jose 3, and it ends in a 3rd round tko again.

The more rumors that come out, the worse i feel about Max's career long term. He is so young but could be done sooner rather than later