MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

realized it was a noon card during the danny roberts fight and missed diakiese. i can't believe he's on the skid he's on man. this more shocking than brandon thatch. 

next for anthony smith w/ gusty sitting out? i'd love him vs. ovince next. 

wonder if they do like a 4 man tourney or something exciting when DC vacates 205 assuming the Jones fight doesn't happen (being a pessimist) 

Gusty, Rockhold, Romero, Volkan/Smith/Ovince (whose ever hot?) (whose or who's? probably who's makes more sense) 

Gustafssons a punk.

Shogun is old and fat and was never in that fight for one second

Diakese is getting exposed at the top level. he throws really pretty punches and kicks, but he doesn't have the defensive ability or the ability to read a fight. Great Value Kelvin Gastelum beat him a red headed stepchild.

Didn't watch Anderson vs Teixeira and do not care

Tybura's a solid-middling fighter who is just ok at everything. but Struve is a consistent disappointment. had Tybura rocked in the second, and just gets taken down again. forget the jab, I'd love to see a knee out of him. perfect weapon for a guy his size.

Emil Meek is cool and all, but he's got really bad wrestling. kinda funny how he's getting exposed by grapplers when he made his name off beating one. honestly I really hope he can fix that part of his game though, because he's super exciting on his feet

Manny Bermudez was probably the highlight of the entire card. smooth on the feet, and really sharp on the ground. looks like he could be another up and coming contender at 135

all up I thought this card might be one of those ones where no one's heard of any of the fighters and they go and put on super exciting fights. definitely was not the case.

39 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Great Value Kelvin Gastelum

lol 

40 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Manny Bermudez was probably the highlight of the entire card.

i missed his fight, but i remember him being one of the highlights of the orlando card. dude's a very legit prospect. 

LIGHTWEIGHT
Champ: Khabib Nurmagomedov (26-0)

1. Conor McGregor (21-3)
  2. Tony Ferguson (23-3)
  3. Dustin Poirier (23-5, 1 NC)
  4. Eddie Alvarez (29-5, 1 NC)
  5. Kevin Lee (17-3)
  6. Justin Gaethje (18-2)
  7. Edson Barboza (19-6)
  8. Nate Diaz (19-11)
  9. Al Iaquinta (13-4-1)
  10. Dan Hooker (17-7)
  11. Anthony Pettis (21-7)
  12. Paul Felder (15-4)
  13. Gregor Gillespie (12-0)
  14. James Vick (13-1)
  15. Mairbek Taisumov (26-5)

Other notables: Alexander Hernandez (9-1), Olivier Aubin-Mercier (11-2), Michael Chiesa (13-4)

Best division in the organization, hands down. Khabib/Conor/Tony are the clear top tier. Winner of Poirier/Alvarez might join them. Lee/Gaethje/Barboza are a step behind. From 10 on is a bunch of really exciting prospects. Hooker, Gillespie, Taisumov, Vick et al.

Fights I want to see:

• Khabib vs Conor (obv)
  • Ferguson vs Poirier
  • Gaethje vs Lee
  • Hooker vs Pettis
  • Gillespie vs Iaquinta
  • Barboza vs Taisumov

Just now, beekay414 said:

Interesting coming from someone that doesn't think Mike Perry's schtick is forced. Probably takes Perry months to come up with his material.

i like mike perry because of how ridiculous he is. i appreciate cyborg for trying on social media. mike perry says the most ridiculous **** possible. different than putting together tweets where you make cheese *** metaphors like you can't be a lion if you're afraid of cats. that's some **** like she hit reply thinking she was mad clever. i dunno why im being a hater lol, that **** just personally makes me cringe. i know perry makes dudes cringe tho too. i think he's himself though pretty much, i mean you can watch a 15 minute media scurm or whatever and there's no deviation from his character at all. 

16 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i like mike perry because of how ridiculous he is. i appreciate cyborg for trying on social media. mike perry says the most ridiculous **** possible. different than putting together tweets where you make cheese *** metaphors like you can't be a lion if you're afraid of cats. that's some **** like she hit reply thinking she was mad clever. i dunno why im being a hater lol, that **** just personally makes me cringe. i know perry makes dudes cringe tho too. i think he's himself though pretty much, i mean you can watch a 15 minute media scurm or whatever and there's no deviation from his character at all. 

It's not a character, he's just dumb.