MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

28 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Ferguson needs to avenge his loss to the cord that he slipped and fell on before he fights anyone else IMO.

Chael had a video on that cord on his YT channel. Said it took out three people with serious injuries lmao. iirc

• Like 1

pretty crazy Dustin got slept by Michael Johnson, and then has come back to win wars against Gaethje and Alvarez. He's 8-1 (1) at lightweight, with that being his only loss. and Johnson is 1-5 in his last 6.

if it wasn't for that fight, Poirier might have fought for the title already, and Johnson would be fighting in the PFL.

4 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

pretty crazy Dustin got slept by Michael Johnson, and then has come back to win wars against Gaethje and Alvarez. He's 8-1 (1) at lightweight, with that being his only loss. and Johnson is 1-5 in his last 6.

if it wasn't for that fight, Poirier might have fought for the title already, and Johnson would be fighting in the PFL.

Yea I think he let his emotions get the better of him during that fight. They seemed to have a serious beef and while he had one with Eddie i think he reigned it in

It doesn't look like Cormier will give an immediate rematch to Miocic, and I understand that a big money (and easier fight) would be with Lesnar.  I would absolutely find it hilarious if Brock slept him and became the heavyweight champ!!!!  There are 10 fighters off the top of my head, that could beat Brock in his next fight if that was the case.  Such is the life of a heavyweight (sigh)

If Cormier were to win that fight (and he should)  I see him stepping down as champ.  The UFC would be wise to have a heavyweight tourney ala Bellator.  Here is how I would see it!!!!

1.  Miocic

2.  Lewis

3.  Blaydes

4.  Werdum

5. Ngannou

6.  Velazquez (if he is finally ready to comeback)

7.  JDS

8.  Overreem

I know that I am leaving out Volkov, and he could just as easily be in the top 8, but this is how I would have it

Miocic v Overreem..........  Stipe wins again via massive KO

Lewis v JDS....JDS is the lower seed, but he comes out on top in this one...lobsided decision

Blaydes v Velazquez...best fight, and a tossup imo..Cain wins a narrow decision

Werdum v Ngannou....interesting matchup that can go either way...Ngannou gets back to form, and wins via stoppage

RD 2

Stipe v Ngannou.....Fight goes eerily similar to the first one...This time Stipe gets stoppage via ground n pound

JDS v Cain.....Wow...how many times these guys gonna fight???  Cain via decision

Final

Stipe v Cain.....WAR...these guys go at it, and do not disappoint...fight goes everywhere...they take turns with takedowns...they take turn trading shots.....

Stipe wins a split decision and regains the belt!!!!

I will adimit I am a HUUUUUUUGE Stipe homer...lol, and with heavyweights ANYTHING is possible!!!!

1 hour ago, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

So... Aldo vs. Ortega...? :D

Any word on Chad Mendes? I could see him fighting Stephens or Cub and getting right back into the title picture

Mendes v Stephens would be a good one to make. I think i had to pick a better contender of Stephens or Cub I’d take Stephens