MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

6 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

pulling for weidman. seeing him lose makes me sad. that's still my boy. 

This makes more sense. Rockhold needs a strong win against a quality opponent before sniffing title picture at LHW or MW.

I'll be pulling for Weidman. 

13 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

LIGHTWEIGHT
Champ: Khabib Nurmagomedov (26-0)

1. Conor McGregor (21-3)
  2. Tony Ferguson (23-3)
  3. Dustin Poirier (23-5, 1 NC)
  4. Eddie Alvarez (29-5, 1 NC)
  5. Kevin Lee (17-3)
  6. Justin Gaethje (18-2)
  7. Edson Barboza (19-6)
  8. Nate Diaz (19-11)
  9. Al Iaquinta (13-4-1)
  10. Dan Hooker (17-7)
  11. Anthony Pettis (21-7)
  12. Paul Felder (15-4)
  13. Gregor Gillespie (12-0)
  14. James Vick (13-1)
  15. Mairbek Taisumov (26-5)

Other notables: Alexander Hernandez (9-1), Olivier Aubin-Mercier (11-2), Michael Chiesa (13-4)

Best division in the organization, hands down. Khabib/Conor/Tony are the clear top tier. Winner of Poirier/Alvarez might join them. Lee/Gaethje/Barboza are a step behind. From 10 on is a bunch of really exciting prospects. Hooker, Gillespie, Taisumov, Vick et al.

Fights I want to see:

• Khabib vs Conor (obv)
  • Ferguson vs Poirier
  • Gaethje vs Lee
  • Hooker vs Pettis
  • Gillespie vs Iaquinta
  • Barboza vs Taisumov

I'm a big fan of Dustin Poirier. Needs a big performance over Alvarez 

WELTERWEIGHT
Champ: Tyron Woodley (18-3-1)

1. Colby Covington (Interim Champ) (14-1)
  2. Rafael Dos Anjos (28-10)
  3. Darren Till (17-0-1)
  4. Stephen Thompson (14-3-1)
  5. Robbie Lawler (28-12, 1 NC)
  6. Kamaru Usman (13-1)
  7. Jorge Masvidal (32-13)
  8. Demian Maia (25-9)
  9. Santiago Ponzinibbio (26-3)
  10. Neil Magny (21-6)
  11. Leon Edwards (16-3)
  12. Donald Cerrone (33-11, 1 NC)
  13. Vicente Luque (13-6-1)
  14. Dong Hyun Kim (22-4-1, 1 NC)
  15. Mike Perry (12-3)

Other notables: Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos (19-5), Jake Matthews (14-3), Niko Price (12-1, 1 NC), Georges St-Pierre???

This was one of the best divisions a couple of years ago when Hendricks was still decent, Lawler and MacDonald were around and Condit still had the fire. It's a bit behind now, waiting on the next wave to step up. Now there are a bunch of guys 1 or 2 wins away from a title shot, which unfortunately has everyone dancing around each other because they're too afraid of what a loss will mean.

Covington surprised me a bit in showing he's actually a really good fighter - blanking RDA and Maia back to back is no mean feat. Till looks amazing, but I don't know if he can keep making 170. Wonderboy is gunshy these days. Usman could win the title in the future, no one has had an answer for his wrestling so far. A matchup against Woodley would be really interesting. Watch out for Jake Matthews coming up - he's only 23, and is looking better and better. He's also gone from being a lightweight to now being a huge welterweight.

The x-factor to this division is GSP. He looked better than ever against Bisping, and 170 seems to be in his future if he keeps fighting. Would love to see him back now we have a bunch of fresh matchups.

Fights I want to see:

• Woodley vs GSP
  • Till vs Usman
  • Masvidal vs Ponzinibbio
  • Lawler vs Thompson
Edited by Buckrock101

3 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

WELTERWEIGHT
Champ: Tyron Woodley (18-3-1)

1. Colby Covington (Interim Champ) (14-1)
  2. Rafael Dos Anjos (28-10)
  3. Darren Till (17-0-1)
  4. Stephen Thompson (14-3-1)
  5. Robbie Lawler (28-12, 1 NC)
  6. Kamaru Usman (13-1)
  7. Jorge Masvidal (32-13)
  8. Demian Maia (25-9)
  9. Santiago Ponzinibbio (26-3)
  10. Neil Magny (21-6)
  11. Leon Edwards (16-3)
  12. Donald Cerrone (33-11, 1 NC)
  13. Vicente Luque (13-6-1)
  14. Dong Hyun Kim (22-4-1, 1 NC)
  15. Mike Perry (12-3)

Other notables: Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos (19-5), Jake Matthews (14-3), Niko Price (12-1, 1 NC), Georges St-Pierre???

This was one of the best divisions a couple of years ago when Hendricks was still decent, Lawler and MacDonald were around and Condit still had the fire. It's a bit behind now, waiting on the next wave to step up. Now there are a bunch of guys 1 or 2 wins away from a title shot, which unfortunately has everyone dancing around each other because they're too afraid of what a loss will mean.

Covington surprised me a bit in showing he's actually a really good fighter - blanking RDA and Maia back to back is no mean feat. Till looks amazing, but I don't know if he can keep making 170. Wonderboy is gunshy these days. Usman could win the title in the future, no one has had an answer for his wrestling so far. A matchup against Woodley would be really interesting. Watch out for Jake Matthews coming up - he's only 23, and is looking better and better. He's also gone from being a lightweight to now being a huge welterweight.

The x-factor to this division is GSP. He looked better than ever against Bisping, and 170 seems to be in his future if he keeps fighting. Would love to see him back now we have a bunch of fresh matchups.

Fights I want to see:

• Woodley vs GSP
  • Till vs Usman
  • Masvidal vs Ponzinibbio
  • Lawler vs Thompson

Don't see GSP fighting Woodley

Woodley/Covington has to happen than I'd like to see Nick Diaz fight the winner.

One of the weaker divisions 100%

man this kid Crute on the Contender series looked great. Sharp striking, only 22 years old. Much needed talent at 205.

and I like Felder, but his commentary was disgraceful in this one. The other fighter must be a friend of his. Crute was picking him apart, and Felder kept talking like he was in trouble, right up until (and after) the finish.