MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

8 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Ehhh. I think Conor would kill him this time and Khabib, Diaz would be fun to watch. Diaz has a great ground game. Still would probably lose though.

Conor should beat him but he got fleece in the 1st one albeit in a weight he never should have fought at and the 2nd was incredibly close. Hardly think Conor would kill him

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Conor should beat him but he got fleece in the 1st one albeit in a weight he never should have fought at and the 2nd was incredibly close. Hardly think Conor would kill him

Just think that because he's taken so much time off. Even more than Conor. I still think Conor would have lost to Khabib without a long layoff, but it wouldn't have been as bad.

5 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Kelvin hasn't attempted a single takedown at 185.

Can't blame him, he's outdone in size and strength by almost everyone in that weight class. We saw what happened against Weidman, that submission was basically just Chris being the bigger, stronger guy and taking advantage.

Edited by Buckrock101

2 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Can't blame him, he's outdone in size and strength by almost everyone in that weight class. We saw what happened against Weidman, that submission was basically just Chris being the bigger, stronger guy and taking advantage.

Definitely dont blame him for that, you think he goes the whole fight without trying to take Israel down? That would play right into Stylebender's hands but thats what we all want right? To see Israel in his world which is still Kelvin's too

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Definitely dont blame him for that, you think he goes the whole fight without trying to take Israel down? That would play right into Stylebender's hands but thats what we all want right? To see Israel in his world which is still Kelvin's too

Fully depends how the fight goes (if it goes to the later rounds and Kelvin's behind I could see it), but I wouldn't expect Gastelum to try any takedowns. He's been running through the division with his boxing, why stop that now? Izzy's had 5 fights in the UFC and zero problems with grappling, despite his apparent massive weakness there. Plus, Silva showed in the last fight that Izzy is not untouchable on the feet.