MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What by not fighting? I feel like he isn’t helping himself there. Cerrone is ultra active, Conor is Conor, Cucuy is on like a 12 fight win streak albeit not all good/great fighters and Dustin has beaten a gatekeeper in Gaethje and Alvarez

Yeah but he deserves it right now, over Holloway.

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why not do:

Khabib v GSP at 165

Max v Tony

Dustin v Cerrone

Conor v Diaz

Seems like the fans want the last one, Khabib wants the first. The other 4 can fight it out but it makes no sense for Max to fight for a non-belt

Why not do

Tony vs Dustin

Cerrone v Conor

Khabib v GSP.

Holloway shouldn't be allowed to hold up a division for an interim belt. Just let him Fight Khabib or whoever beats Khabib if he loses.

I'd much rather see a new fight against a guy like Cerrone from Conor, than Diaz 3.

10 hours ago, JonStark said:

I honestly can't believe they are screwing with Poirier this much. It's even bad by UFC standards. 

If Max is moving up for a second title, it should be the actual title. Why hold up his own division for an interim one? Do Tony-Poirier for the interim one, Khabib defends when he comes back, and then Max can move up. 

They're not screwing Poirier.

I understand why he'd be frustrated, he's beaten pretty much everyone he needs to beat to deserve a title shot. But the problem is just that there are so many amazing fighters ahead of him. Tony and Max have better cases than Dustin. Very little or no question about that. If it was Conor getting a rematch for a title/interim title, then yeah maybe he has a right to complain. But these guys are both on 10+ win streaks, and Max has successfully defended a title several times. He's not getting skipped over by some nobody like James Vick

8 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why not do:

Khabib v GSP at 165

Max v Tony

Dustin v Cerrone

Conor v Diaz

Seems like the fans want the last one, Khabib wants the first. The other 4 can fight it out but it makes no sense for Max to fight for a non-belt

You been stuck under a rock today buddy?

How exactly is Holloway holding up 145? Give me the clear cut #1 contender...

Aldo? Finished twice by Max.

Ortega? Ditto.

Edgar? Torn biceps, only 1 win since a KO loss to Ortega

Volkanovski? Too soon.

Let the division clear up its top contender before saying Holloway is holding it up by chasing the $$$ fight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

How exactly is Holloway holding up 145? Give me the clear cut #1 contender...

Aldo? Finished twice by Max.

Ortega? Ditto.

Edgar? Torn biceps, only 1 win since a KO loss to Ortega

Volkanovski? Too soon.

Let the division clear up its top contender before saying Holloway is holding it up by chasing the $$$ fight. 

Totally agreed. All the contenders are at least 1-2 wins away from a title shot. It's not like there's a bunch of guys banging down the door for their shot.

1 minute ago, Buckrock101 said:

Totally agreed. All the contenders are at least 1-2 wins away from a title shot. It's not like there's a bunch of guys banging down the door for their shot.

Still has to defend it this year. Try to make Conor fight him for the FW belt. Conor beat on all those guys, san Ortega and Edgar but whooped Aldo and beat Max once.

It's a pet peeve of mine when people say a champ like Holloway (or Conor, when he first went to challenge for the 155 belt), needs to "get in line" at the new division. Guy's on a 13 fight win streak (10 by stoppage), undoubtedly one of the best P4P fighters in the world, and you're going to discount all that because they weren't at 155? Tony I could see an argument for being ahead, but Max deserves a title shot at 155 more than Dustin does, if he wants to go to 155.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Still has to defend it this year. Try to make Conor fight him for the FW belt. Conor beat on all those guys, san Ortega and Edgar but whooped Aldo and beat Max once.

Conor's not even talking about going to 145, so why are we talking about him?

And maybe Max wins against Tony and vacates at 145. then he doesn't hold anything up. So much in 145 is still up in the air, too much so to say he's holding the division up

1 hour ago, Buckrock101 said:

Conor's not even talking about going to 145, so why are we talking about him?

And maybe Max wins against Tony and vacates at 145. then he doesn't hold anything up. So much in 145 is still up in the air, too much so to say he's holding the division up

Ideally, Max wins against Ferguson, vacates the FW crown, Aldo wins it back and rides off into the sunset before Frankie becomes a 2 weight world champion afterwards. Reason I say that is, no chance they do Aldo-Edgar 3 for the vacated belt, right? 

Edited by beekay414