MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

On 3/7/2019 at 8:23 PM, NYRaider said:

How did he shatter the UFC PPV record at 202 after coming off of a loss at 196?

That was his first loss while he was popular. He fought a Diaz. The personality clash. 

He has been washed his last two fights. Tho, they have been his most popular opponents too. He won't have a problem selling, either as the main or co-main.

14 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

That was his first loss while he was popular. He fought a Diaz. The personality clash. 

He has been washed his last two fights. Tho, they have been his most popular opponents too. He won't have a problem selling, either as the main or co-main.

He has been washed his last two fights? They've sold a combined 7M PPVs though, he lost in a boxing fight to the GOAT boxer and in a grappling match against the GOAT grappler. Lets be real here, the UFC is putting 2-3 title fights on a card and doing 1/3 of what Conor brings in.

16 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is Askren a major draw? Is Woodley a major draw? I feel like some of his fights have pissed off enough people to where they are leary of him. I agree Conor is easily #1 and while I was excited about this card, the casuals are the ones that drive buy numbers and I cant imagine they are big on the 2 I mentioned

Askren is actually one of the bigger draws in the company now and Jones is probably the second biggest draw after Conor. It's sad because Colby Covington and Ben Askren are both top 5 fighters in terms of popularity right now.

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

Yes. In the actual fights, he was destroyed. 

Talking about PPV buys might be the most boring topic in MMA. Who cares?

We must not have watched the same fights. The UFC is a business at the end of the day, that's why it's a topic. 

26 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

the last two fights he probably landed two good punches and was finished in both. probably lost 10 of 13 rounds but yes, other than that they were super competitive fights.

As an amateur boxer against the GOAT and in a glorified grappling match after a 2-year layoff. He's 9-2 in the UFC with the only two losses being fights where the odds were extremely stacked against him, he's still a household name because he takes fights that no other guy on the roster would ever even consider taking.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

As an amateur boxer against the GOAT and in a glorified grappling match after a 2-year layoff. He's 9-2 in the UFC with the only two losses being fights where the odds were extremely stacked against him, he's still a household name because he takes fights that no other guy on the roster would ever even consider taking.

And which part of any of that was I discussing? Lol

And I'm pretty sure Khabib has fought a lot of people. And a lot people would fight Floyd for 50 million+. 

But let's not continue this cause it is pretty pointless. 

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

And which part of any of that was I discussing? Lol

And I'm pretty sure Khabib has fought a lot of people. And a lot people would fight Floyd for 50 million+. 

But let's not continue this cause it is pretty pointless. 

A lot of people would take that Khabib fight after a 2 year layoff when they don't even need to fight anymore?

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

A lot of people would take that Khabib fight after a 2 year layoff when they don't even need to fight anymore?

Ya pretty much every lightweight  would fight for the lightweight belt (and the money) at pretty much any given moment. 

Just now, eagles101 said:

Ya pretty much every lightweight  would fight for the lightweight belt (and the money) at pretty much any given moment. 

Conor didn't need to ever fight again, he chose to take the most difficult matchup he could take after a 2-year layoff. Half the UFC doesn't even want to fight and guys would rather sit out and beg for a title shot than work their way up the rankings. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Conor didn't need to ever fight again, he chose to take the most difficult matchup he could take after a 2-year layoff. Half the UFC doesn't even want to fight and guys would rather sit out and beg for a title shot than work their way up the rankings. 

......ha