MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

DJ wins by guillotine choke in the second round. Wasn't easy though, he got touched a bit on the feet, but he leaned on his grappling and was a step ahead on the ground.

Both DJ and Eddie looked a lot smaller than their opponents today. Almost certainly some dodgy stuff in ONE going on that they aren't onboard with (yet).

4 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

oh man, Justin Gaethje getting it done again. Same deal with the Vick fight, I was actually kinda disappointed he finished it early rather than having a multi-round fight of the year contender, but at least this one was wild while it lasted. I was going crazy when they were just standing and exchanging leg kicks at the start.

listen to me guys... if Tony Ferguson can get himself right and is ready to fight... how do you not make Ferguson vs Gaethje. there is not a fight in the history of the sport that would be more exciting than this one.

My first thought was the same that I didn't want it to end so early but at the same time, both guys were eating serious leg kicks right out of the gate. If finishing this one early means that Gaethje is ready to fight again sooner(since he isn't a guy for a quick turnaround because he is willing to take so much damage) then I'm all for it, but who is out there? 

I would love the Ferguson fight and it really is the only guy left since Conor "retired" and then you have Poirier v Blessed, Khabib is out for a while, Cerrone v Iaquinta, Lee is at WW with RDA and I really dont want Justin fighting anyone behind him. 

Winner of Cerrone/Iaquinta makes the most sense especially if Cerrone wins since he doesnt mind a quicker turnaround. Could make that fight for September or so which still gives him 4 months after the Iaquinta fight. Loser of Poirier/Blessed is possible but likely not if its Max that loses

45 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

So the first title fight ends with Fernandes winning the belt via DQ (elbows to the back of the head). Looks mighty like he went down to get the win, too

Got some more dodgy stuff in there. I haven't heard that word in a while lol. 

We got some ropey people run ONE?

1 hour ago, Buckrock101 said:

In case you weren't watching, the strawweight title fight between Xiong Jiannan and Angela Lee just now was an absolute classic. Incredible finish

If I can find it, I'll try and watch. I was hoping to avoid the results of Mighty Mouse and Eddie Alvarez's first fights with ONE but its all good. 

The last 4 fight night main events have been great

JDS v Black Beast

Masvidal v Till

Showtime v Wonderboy

Gaethje v Edson

I expect nothing less from the main and co-main events for UFC 236 as well

Alexander Volkov vs Overeem should be a great one too. I think Volkov would be in title contention or maybe even in line for a #1 contender should if not for the last 20 seconds of the Derrick Lewis fight

6 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Both DJ and Eddie looked a lot smaller than their opponents today. Almost certainly some dodgy stuff in ONE going on that they aren't onboard with (yet).

doesn't one make people fight a weight up? so dj was fighting at 135 and eddie at 170?

11 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

listen to me guys... if Tony Ferguson can get himself right and is ready to fight... how do you not make Ferguson vs Gaethje. there is not a fight in the history of the sport that would be more exciting than this one.

I highly doubt Tony would agree to fight Gathje. It's probably title fight or bust for Tony especially with the recent news about his poor mental health. 

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Did the UFC get rid of the Women's Featherweight division? I see on the website it has Amanda Nunes with 2 belts but they dont even have rankings up for the whole division

Is that just dead now?

Yes they did. And they don't have Women's Flyweight up either on the app.