MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Does anyone think Dustin wins? I feel like most people are thinking Max wins

Really hard to bet against Max right now. Though moving up a weight class, who knows how it's going to affect him. He's renowned for having amazing cardio, but carrying more weight might negatively impact that. He's also used to taking a few clean shots, as he did against Aldo and Ortega, so it remains to be seen whether he can absorb the same punishment at 155.

• Like 1

rewatching poirier/gaethje and dustin was wearing down in the 3rd, was exhausted but justin poked him in the eye for a 2nd time and he basically got a 4-minute break cause the doc came in and checked and then the round ended. and then finished justin right away in the 4th

lmao rewatching eddie/dustin 2 and dustin was mounted in a sitting up position against the fence and eddie throws a 12-6 elbow to dustin's shoulder and the ref stops the fight and eddie loses position and w/in 10 seconds dustin lands the punch that basically ends the fight.

two fortunate circumstances for dustin in the justin/eddie fights

5 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

dustin's record is pretty incredible. he got caught by Michael Johnson but besides that he has beaten Alvarez, Gaethje, Pettis, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Joe Duffy, and Yancy Medeiros in the last four years.

Yea its definitely impressive and while Michael Johnson has never been a whole lot as far as a contender he has beaten Edson Barboza, Tony Ferguson and Dustin Poirier. That’s impressive for someone that is nothing more than a lower level gatekeeper

I feel like Max should be the favorite.  His boxing is crisper than Dustin.  He has great cardio.  He seems to have an above average chin too.  I also think that his weight will transfer just fine going up in weight.  On paper, he is the better fighter.  Dustin, I believe, has a little more power.  He still has very good boxing (just not as good as Max) and he definitely  has a suspect chin.  

I just think that Dustin may be able to put it all together to beat Max, but it is a great matchup regardless.