Official NFL Draft Thread (General Discussion for Draft)

steelcurtain29

4 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Not really.   It implies they valued a player higher than media analysts and armchair QBs... It happens 

I guess my problem with it is the team valuing a player that much higher is becoming far too frequent of a thing lately and they aren't really panning out. Sammie Coats and Senquez Golson (Admittedly not the FO fault) were that (Dupree was widely thought as fine there); 2016 it happened with Burns, Davis, AND Hargrave; Last year with Conner and Dobbs.  This is just starting to become too frequent of a thing and it's hitting a point where you really need to question how they make these decisions IMO.

22 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Edmunds DOES NOT get us closer to a SB Ring this year.

so instead of 1st round exit in the post season, do we even make the playoffs?  Looks like a regression doesn't it.  If he helps cover TE's it could be what the team needs especially if he can get some INT's and it is said he can catch . I just have too many other areas I thought the D needed help and a reach like this reinforeces the quote below

Pittsburgh's selection was called "the drafts most head-scratching selection" 

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I really really disagree.

Power to you. 

I'm focused on winning with Ben and the team we have now. You are focused on building to win after Ben,  when we may not even have a QB who can put us in position to be a SB team.    So be it. 

2 minutes ago, Armsteeld2 said:

That’s not a speed thing; that’s a vision thing.  Vision is my only knock on Guice.

Not having the burst to get to that speed quickly isn't a vision issue.  My 2 Guice issues are the burst, but after seeing Bell gain burst after dropping weight and getting stronger I think Guice can do it.  My other is patience.  Guice is the anti-Bell in that regards and doesn't let his blocking set itself up.  I put that as something other than vision.

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Power to you. 

I'm focused on winning with Ben and the team we have now. You are focused on building to win after Ben,  when we may not even have a QB who can put us in position to be a SB team.    So be it. 

No rookie was going to help us now outside of Chubb IMO.  So my thought that late goes to "Can I get enough out of this guy to help me now, or will I get more out of the next 10 years from the other guy."  IMO the long term benefit of Jackson, and keeping the window open another 10 years, outweighs the benefits to helping now with Edmunds.  As I've said a few times now, especially after the addition of Burnett who's a similar safety in the offseason.

Just now, wwhickok said:

I sort of explained this in the other positions I listed where i feel like better players were available.

Haha.... You listed Guice and Lamar Jackson....okay. 

Just now, warfelg said:

No rookie was going to help us now outside of Chubb IMO.  So my thought that late goes to "Can I get enough out of this guy to help me now, or will I get more out of the next 10 years from the other guy."  IMO the long term benefit of Jackson, and keeping the window open another 10 years, outweighs the benefits to helping now with Edmunds.  As I've said a few times now, especially after the addition of Burnett who's a similar safety in the offseason.

Burnett is injury prone and a short term solution.   Plus,  you need more than 2 safeties. 

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Haha.... You listed Guice and Lamar Jackson....okay. 

I personally would had Harold Landry, Malik Jefferson, Dallas Goedert, Courtland Sutton to that list.  And I know 2 of those are positions most of us would hate them taking; but I wouldn't have completely hated it.

Just now, wwhickok said:

No, i listed TE, WR, I listed positions specifically.  But I'm currently typing up a sales pitch on Edmunds.

You listed Guice and Jackson earlier.  And neither WR or TE were bigger needs than safety. 

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I guess my problem with it is the team valuing a player that much higher is becoming far too frequent of a thing lately and they aren't really panning out. Sammie Coats and Senquez Golson (Admittedly not the FO fault) were that (Dupree was widely thought as fine there); 2016 it happened with Burns, Davis, AND Hargrave; Last year with Conner and Dobbs.  This is just starting to become too frequent of a thing and it's hitting a point where you really need to question how they make these decisions IMO.

IF Golson is healthy in Oakland, expect to hear about how great he is.

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I personally would had Harold Landry, Malik Jefferson, Dallas Goedert, Courtland Sutton to that list.  And I know 2 of those are positions most of us would hate them taking; but I wouldn't have completely hated it.

Goedert is so overrated on here. 

Archived