Eagles Draft Thread - When you're here, you're Champions! ™

Kiltman

4 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I completely dislike it. We drafted for 2018 need as opposed to building the future of the team. Don't get me wrong, we had very limited resources and a pretty complete team but instead of focusing on the talent available and potential future needs we drafted a bunch of back-ups and role players.

I'll give that to you for only one pick really, being Avonte Maddux.

Josh Sweat is obviously for the future at TE. We also picked up a future 2nd rounder in the Baltimore trade. Goedert helps now and later since we use dual TE's so much, and we only had 1 really. OT is obviously looking for the future as well.

13 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

We drafted for 2018 need as opposed to building the future of the team.

Goedert should be here a long time. We have Sidney Jones coming off redshirt, who should be here a long time. The rest? You don't count on 4th rounder and beyond to be anything. If they can contribute in any fashion, short or long term, then that's a success. We also got Jay Ajayi and Ronald Darby with this year's draft picks IIRC. 

I think it's clear Howie's trying to win big before we have to pay Carson his big boy contract. The Lombardi Trophy says his strategy works.

Archived