Eagles Draft Thread - When you're here, you're Champions! ™

Kiltman

And Mailata has some of the rarest, including size (6-foot-8, 346 pounds, 35.5-inch arms) and athleticism (5.12 40-yard dash, 4.67 short shuttle). He's also only 20 years old, making him one of the youngest players in this draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000928657/article/rugby-star-jordan-mailata-hoping-to-hear-name-at-nfl-draft

20 years old and a crazy athlete? Ok, ok. Bit of a project. Would like Scarbrough but whatever

He says his visit to Philadelphia was memorable for two reasons: How welcoming the people were that he bumped into at the airport, and how much attention Eagles offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland paid to him.

"After the first set of meetings with him doing board and film work, every other meeting I had (with other coaches and front office personnel), he was just in," Mailata said, laughing. "The ever-presence of a man, out of nowhere he would just pop up to see what I was doing."

If Mailata goes undrafted, and unless some team makes him an offer he can't refuse, he will most likely land in the AFC North. As part of the International Pathway program, teams in that division this year are allowed an extra practice squad spot for a foreign-born developmental player. Last year, the first for the program, the NFC South teams were given the extra spot.

Interesting. I'd never heard of that program.

I trust Stoutland to make literally any human being a viable NFL offensive lineman.

Archived