Eagles Draft Thread - When you're here, you're Champions! ™

Kiltman

2 hours ago, RollEagles said:

Interesting. I'd never heard of that program.

I trust Stoutland to make literally any human being a viable NFL offensive lineman.

never heard of it either, a cool initiative...dont get why its a rotational thing though

And yea if anyone can do it, Stoutland can

2 hours ago, RollEagles said:

Jordan Mailata, OT, Australia

Came in all excited about this pick and he doesn't even warrant a thread?

Dude is an athletic monster! I mentioned his visit a few weeks back , glad he's getting an opportunity. His YouTube video is nuts.

2 biggest questions coming out of the draft. 3rd Safety and OT depth.

S- Do they see Mills or Douglas as a safety? Do they like Tre Sullivan that much? There are actually several legit safeties still available as UFA's.

OT- Lane, Peters, Big V and then absolutely nothing. That is a concern.

The rest of the roster is rock solid 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

2 biggest questions coming out of the draft. 3rd Safety and OT depth.

S- Do they see Mills or Douglas as a safety? Do they like Tre Sullivan that much? There are actually several legit safeties still available as UFA's.

OT- Lane, Peters, Big V and then absolutely nothing. That is a concern.

The rest of the roster is rock solid 

Having your 3rd tackle being someone who started the majority of the season and all playoffs at LT for a Super Bowl winning team is pretty nice depth to have. I understand what you mean that we could use another tackle back there, but many teams would kill for that top 3. 

I could see us grabbing a safety near end of camp when other teams make cuts. I agree that we need another guy here as Jenkins could be working out of the slot alot. 

Looking over some potential names to cut next off season and how much it saves:

QB Nick Foles: $18.8 Million (Yeah sorry Nick no way we're keeping you with this)
LT: Jason Peters: $8 Million
S: Malcolm Jenkins: $6.85 Million
S: Rodney McLeod: $5.1 Million
DE: Michael Bennett: $7 Million
S: Chris Maragos: $2 Million

and obviously there are multiple small cash guys. Bennett in particular has no dead money if we cut him, I think he's going to have to play well or take a pay cut if he wants to stay here. We're currently $20 Million over in 2019, trimming these guys would put us at ~$27.65 Million in space. Good thing we have a lot more draft capita too because we'll be needing an influx of young inexpensive talent.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

QB Nick Foles: $18.8 Million (Yeah sorry Nick no way we're keeping you with this)

and obviously there are multiple small cash guys. Bennett in particular has no dead money if we cut him, I think he's going to have to play well or take a pay cut if he wants to stay here. We're currently $20 Million over in 2019, trimming these guys would put us at ~$27.65 Million in space. Good thing we have a lot more draft capita too because we'll be needing an influx of young inexpensive talent.

Def some restructuring flexibility to work with as well. This year was the real struggle to get within the cap and Howie done good. New year, new problems though. Carson needs to cash in soon. 

33 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Carson needs to cash in soon. 

His option year is 2020, so I figure the clock starts ticking the minute the 2019 season ends. If he can continue his playing style while avoiding serious injury, we’re potentially bracing for the largest contract in NFL History.

Our best chance at one more ‘chip is 2018 2019 or 2020. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Didn't Peters restructure his contract? Also with that high of a price tag I'm surprised we didn't try and trade Foles over the weekend. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

Just now, Mastercheddaar said:

Didn't Peters restructure his contract? Also with that high of a price tag I'm surprised we didn't try and trade Foles over the weekend. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

Foles got a raise for what he did in the postseason.

I keep forgetting to get the full scope of our draft you have to add our acquisitions via Trade.

2018 Eagles Draft

2nd TE Dallas Goedert

3rd Rd pick Ronald Darby

4th Rd pick Jay Ajayi

CB Avonte Maddox

DE Josh Sweat

5th Rd pick  Michael Bennett

6th OL Matt Pryor

7th Freak Jordan Mailata

to the mix. Mind you Cleveland wanted our 2017 2nd in the Wentz trade originally but agreed to wait till 2018. We took CB Sidney Jones with that pick.

5 hours ago, Danger said:

I could see one of the two safeties staying, but all of them seem likely to possibly be gone unless they take big cuts. 

Archived