2018 NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION

Thaiphoon

12 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Honestly, probably a decent comparison.

Almost exactly the same size, and of course Archuleta was a combine freak too. Except that Apke ran faster and jumped higher and — though it seems like Archuleta didn’t do the agility drills (for good reason probably) — was, I guarantee better in those too. 

And we got Apke in the 4th round, instead of pick 20. To be fair, if you’re getting Adam Archuleta in the 4th round, that’s a pretty big win. 

I don’t think that’s a fair comparison at all. Apke is a more fluid athlete than Archuleta. He’s converted WR, he has better hands and coverage ability as just a one year player at safety than Archuleta ever showed in his 5 year or so career. Archuleta was only an in the box safety and should’ve played Will LB and would have in today’s NFL. Apke can do that and more. He’s showed deep coverage ability, slot ability as well as being able to make plays around the line of scrimmage. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

You wait your whole life to have your name called on draft day, and they use R2D2 and Chewbacca to announce your name....

Could have done it with porgs ...

Interesting thing with Apke is that he doesn’t seem like a very good tackler, which is a little disappointing for a guy with his size and speed and explosiveness. Expected him to be laying the wood, and that’s not really the case.

He’s going to be one heck of a ST player at the very least though. 

37 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Yea. Went to PSU, but from Fredericksburg VA. Said Hand is from Woodbridge VA.

VA schools let SO much talent escape. UVA really needs to dumb down their class load to SEC levels, theyd be in the playoffs yearly with all this talent escaping.

Yeah, one reason JMU has a tougher time recruiting players is all the FBS schools nearby

10 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Interesting thing with Apke is that he doesn’t seem like a very good tackler, which is a little disappointing for a guy with his size and speed and explosiveness. Expected him to be laying the wood, and that’s not really the case.

He’s going to be one heck of a ST player at the very least though. 

Where are you getting it from that he’s not a good tackler? Everything I see is him tackling some of the best athletes the OSU buckeyes had to offer last year which means some of the best in the country. And if he does struggle some, I would chalk that up to inexperience at the safety position as he was a converted WR and only played S one year.

Archived