Day 2 targets

St Vince

As much as I'd like to trade up back into the 3rd, I'm hesitant to do so. Why? Here are the 3rd round picks since TT took over.

2017 - Montravius Adams: Too early to call, but he's been dinged up and hasn't done much

2016 - Kyler Fackrell: Some in this forum have considered giving up on him.

2015 - Ty Montgomery: Decent value for a 3rd rounder and has proven to be productive when healthy.....as a WR...

2014 - Khyri Thornton: One of Dom's Duds along the D-line.

2014 - Richard Rodgers: A JAG and a reach from Day 1. The only memorable thing he really ever did was catch a hail mary in Detroit...

*No 3rd round selection in 2013, 2012, 2009, or 2005

2011 - Alex Green: A big back afraid to hit the hole.

2010 - Morgan Burnett: The best 3rd rounder of the bunch by a mile.

2008 - Jermichael Finley: All the tools you want out of a TE, but could never really put it all together consistently.

2007 - James Jones: Solid WR2 over the long-term, but not as good as Burnett

2007 - Aaron Rouse: The Pat Listasch of Safeties - Awesome rookie year, then disappeared.

2006 - Abdul Hodge: Showed some promise, then got hurt.

2006 - Jason Spitz: *see Hodge

Not so sure I want to trade back into the 3rd, especially given our more recent history...

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

2015 - Ty Montgomery: Decent value for a 3rd rounder and has proven to be productive when healthy.....as a WR...

Where does this magical narrative that he ever proved himself as a wr come from? It's like The damn Mandela effect going on online. I see it constantly.

Just now, Joe said:

As much as I'd like to trade up back into the 3rd, I'm hesitant to do so. Why? Here are the 3rd round picks since TT took over.

Two questions:

1. What's that got to do with the price of gold in China?

2. What's that got to do with the price of tea in China?

Bonus question:

How many times did Ted Thompson trade for a future first round pick, then trade back up after trading down in the first round to take a cornerback under a certain height? 

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

Where does this magical narrative that he ever proved himself as a wr come from? It's like The damn Mandela effect going on online. I see it constantly.

Lol.  When he had 15 receptions as a rookie obviously. 

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

So you're one of those conspiracy theorists that thinks TT is still running the show? 

Brian Gutekunst = Shadow GM

I've got to hand it to you (both of them, together in an awkward clapping motion), but upon further inspection that theory does not (know how to) hold water. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Two questions:

Bonus question:

How many times did Ted Thompson trade for a future first round pick, then trade back up after trading down in the first round to take a cornerback under a certain height? 

That's completely missing my point. We've had horrible luck in the 3rd. What I didn't say is that we've done exceptionally well in the 4th round, which is common knowledge around here...

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

It was always bernstein. 

1 minute ago, Cadmus said:

So you're one of those conspiracy theorists that thinks TT is still running the show? 

Brian Gutekunst = Shadow GM

I've got to hand it to you (both of them, together in an awkward clapping motion), but upon further inspection that theory does not (know how to) hold water. 

Absolutely not. Gutey is his own guy. I'm going by trends here and would rather play it safe...

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Two questions:

Bonus question:

These are the kind of patterns I find pointless. Like we have a new GM but regardless, is there some crazy flaw in our drafting that makes us just really bad from pick 60-90ish. But fine everywhere else. Maybe it's just freaking coincidence. What would even cause you to be bad in just round 3 lol

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Lol.  When he had 15 receptions as a rookie obviously. 

I swear it's the mendela effect. I've seen it like 100 times around the web that he was a proven wr. Maybe they mean from college I guess IDK

6 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Or, it's called the eye test from when he was a receiver and he was healthy. He basically muscled his way into the WR3 position over Cobb because he ran the plays that Cobb traditionally ran his rookie year and proved to be more explosive than Cobb was. Ergo, he started the narrative that Cobb is expendable and overpaid...

Just now, Joe said:

Or, it's called the eye test from when he was a receiver and he was healthy. He basically muscled his way into the WR3 position over Cobb because he ran the plays that Cobb traditionally ran his rookie year and proved to be more explosive than Cobb was. Ergo, he became the better receiver and, frankly, forced the opinion of some(myself excluded) that Cobb is expendable and overpaid...

I prefer to believe you and the others lived an alternative life than me for one year where he had 1000 yards. Lol

Archived