Warriors v Pelicans Series Thread (4-1 GS) :: A Gentlemen's sweep it is

11sanchez11

Just now, MookieMonster said:

So have I. Jrue has been getting mauled at the rim, so has AD. No calls. Yesterday in a blow out the Warriors more than doubled the amount of FTs the Pelicans took lol. You're legit the only person I've talked to about this series that doesn't think the Pelicans have been getting shafted.

I've already said that AD is getting the short end of the stick, so stop misrepresenting my stance. Jrue is not getting shafted. Kevin Durant has been his primary defender. Jrue isn't getting shafted any more than any other player is. And it's no surprise the Warriors shot a lot more FTs because the Pelicans like to foul more. They foul on basically every fastbreak.

This series has really made me hate the NBA even more. Are the Warriors that scared of the Pels that they need to absolutely maul the Pels and get away with it to win?

And unfortunately their shots are falling now and we're back to some sloppy defense. I think the refs are calling a fair game when we're one defense but man they let the Warriors do whatever they want to us on defense. AD had to get practically pushed to the ground to get a call. 

Just now, MookieMonster said:

Pelicans just don't have anyone to match up on KD. Jrue has done a great job staying with him but he can't defend that length.

Can anyone? I feel like Jrue has done a respectable job all things considered, height difference/KD being one of the best scorers in NBA history.

Archived