Jump to content
NewAge

Jets acquire DE Henry Anderson from the Colts

Recommended Posts

Everything I read on this guy is that he’s one of the best 5 techs in te NFL when healthy. Could be a steal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are going to have a nice rotation of guys on that line. Teams will have a hard time running on us especially in 3rd/4th and short scenarios. If we can generate even an average pass rush out of the base the defense is going to be really good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:27 PM, NewAge said:

It's not a one year process. I would think the hope is that after this weekend the DL is essentially solidified for the medium term future. 

Bobby has a point, with all the rule changes like doing way with bump & run, and  when the QB can throw the ball away even if there is no defensive player in the area when he is out of the tackle box, has made it so hard on D backs. A pass rushing ends are the hardest players to get. You are right also this is not a one year process. I think we all have to be patient, we are far from getting a Super Bowl contender, but we are headed in the right direction. Mac did the best he could in the off season, now that we have a QB thru the draft, I think next year FA market will be a whole different story. We sure are a hell of a lot better now then what we were a year ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know everyone thinks he sucks, and obviously he has but he I think if the giants chuck him we should give him a shot and make him a guard. There is still talent there and a new team and new position could help him. Just a thought. He played much better down the stretch and graded out better than winters. From an interior standpoint he may even be a better pass blocker than winters too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Everything I read on this guy is that he’s one of the best 5 techs in te NFL when healthy. Could be a steal. 

Ya he had a higher PFF rating than Mo last year.  People were worried about replacing Mo, we might have 2 or 3 better guys to put there. 

You want to get an edge rusher more than anything, and believe me so do I, but you can't squeeze blood from a stone.  The only franchise changing pass rushers never made it to FA this last FA period, and after taking a QB in round 1 and being left with no 2nd round pick there were really no top notch edge's left for us in the draft.  It just wasn't a good edge draft, and the few good ones went early on.  

It was however, a deep D line draft, and while we hung our hat on stopping the run on D for a while, last year we were 24th in stopping the run.  I think a big part of Bowles defensive philosophy is forcing teams into 3rd and long by stopping the run.  Restocking the DL is an attempt to get us back into the top 5 against the run again.  Putting teams in 3rd and long leads to more punts and more importantly more turnovers.  Yes it would be the cherry on top of this D to get an edge rusher, but they don't grow on trees.  I really think it will be a focus of next years offseason to find one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, rampantjet said:

Ya he had a higher PFF rating than Mo last year.  People were worried about replacing Mo, we might have 2 or 3 better guys to put there. 

You want to get an edge rusher more than anything, and believe me so do I, but you can't squeeze blood from a stone.  The only franchise changing pass rushers never made it to FA this last FA period, and after taking a QB in round 1 and being left with no 2nd round pick there were really no top notch edge's left for us in the draft.  It just wasn't a good edge draft, and the few good ones went early on.  

It was however, a deep D line draft, and while we hung our hat on stopping the run on D for a while, last year we were 24th in stopping the run.  I think a big part of Bowles defensive philosophy is forcing teams into 3rd and long by stopping the run.  Restocking the DL is an attempt to get us back into the top 5 against the run again.  Putting teams in 3rd and long leads to more punts and more importantly more turnovers.  Yes it would be the cherry on top of this D to get an edge rusher, but they don't grow on trees.  I really think it will be a focus of next years offseason to find one.

I just would like to see us try a different formula. We did the stop the run, poor offense thing for years and it didn’t work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I just would like to see us try a different formula. We did the stop the run, poor offense thing for years and it didn’t work. 

I think we are. We didn’t stop the run last year, that had to be improved and two of these guys and rush the interior. It’s going to help. 

The offense is better. The line eh, Spencer Long will help but we still have a below average unit. The talent at QB and veg leadership is much better, we are the deepest at WR as we’ve ever been even without a true number 1, we have 3-4 guys who are either no less than a 2 or at worst a 3, and 2 young WRs with upside. 

Added a very capable RB in Crowell is much better than Forte. 

All we lost was a below average TE and brought in very capable replacements and have young options with upside. We may not have a ton of top end talent outside of Darnold, but we now have a ton of young depth everywhere outside of the line. It might not equate to a lot more wins in 2018, but 2019 should be the year we make a huge step forward and hopefully for years. Jet football is going to be watchable again and we shouldn’t be rooting for draft picks. We got our guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair outside of the Braylon/Holmes/Cotchery year our WR core right now is 100 times better than anything Sanchez had, throw in a quality RB duo and we will be fine an offense like the Pats/Steelers/Packers weren’t built in a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2018 at 1:02 PM, ekill08x said:

I know everyone thinks he sucks, and obviously he has but he I think if the giants chuck him we should give him a shot and make him a guard. There is still talent there and a new team and new position could help him. Just a thought. He played much better down the stretch and graded out better than winters. From an interior standpoint he may even be a better pass blocker than winters too.

Flowers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×