2. John Brown- 299 yds, 3 TDs in 2017

3. Chris Moore- 248 yds, 3 TDs in 2017

4. Willie Snead- 92 yds, 0 TDs in 2017

5. Breshad Perriman- 77 yds, 0 TDs in 2017

6. Tim White

7. Quincy Abedoyejo

8. Devier Posey- CFL Championship MVP

9. Jaleel Scott- 1079 yds, 9 TDs

10. Jordan Lasley- 1264 yds, 9 TDs (in 9 games)

TE

1. Nick Boyle

2. Maxx Williams

3. Vince Mayle

4. Hayden Hurst

5. Mark Andrews

As you can see we have quite the number of targets for Flacco, RG3, and Jackson to throw to. Last year we decided to keep a total of 10 WR/TEs total, 6 and 4 respectively.

Whats your very early prediction about how this situation will play itself out? I’ll say we cut the emboldened players.

I also think Jordan Lasley beats out John Brown for a starting role within the offense.

Crabtree

Brown

Snead

Moore

Lasley

Scott

I think we keep 6. 

We try to sneak Tim White on PS.

Maxx Williams and Mayle gone. You forgot to add Darren Waller to the TE list. But he’s gone as well.

We roll with Hurst, Andrews, and Boyle.

My guesses (I think TE is way more straight-forward than WR):

Wide Receiver

Absolute Locks

1. Michael Crabtree
2. John Brown
3. Willie Snead

Virtual Locks

4. Jaleel Scott

Bubble

5. Jordan Lasley
6. Chris Moore
7. Breshad Perriman
8. Tim White

Near-certain Cuts

9. Quincy Abedoyejo
10. Devier Posey- CFL Championship MVP

TE

Make Team

1. Nick Boyle
2. Maxx Williams
3. Hayden Hurst
4. Mark Andrews

Cut/Practice Squad (if eligible)

5. Mayle
6. Waller

I think we end up with the numbers 1-6 at WR above.  That said, I still think the team is going to want to see what they can get out of Perriman and only straight cut him as a last resort.  Their options in this regard (i.e. avenues they may explore):

1. Injury (not something they plan for, but one of those top 6 may start on the PUP/IR depending what happens over the summer)
2. "hide/stash" Lasley on the IR so that he can get an NFL body and be in the building (I don't really care about his "maturity" items)
3. Trade Moore for a conditional/late round pick
4. Trade Perriman for a conditional/late round pick

I think Crabtree, Brown, Snead, Moore, Scott, and Lasley all make the team. Unless one of the latter two are really unimpressive in training camp then they're fairly solid bets at getting through. Crabtree, Brown, and Snead are virtual locks. And there's no reason at all Moore's job should be in jeopardy. He produces on offense when given a chance and has a lot of value on special teams. More so on the coverage units than as a kick returner.

White is a wildcard. He brings a much different element to the table than anybody else, but more the more important factor here is his return skills. With Campanaro gone there's a clear hole at the punt returner spot. Moore was the leading kick return man for the Ravens last year... with 13 attempts. These are both areas that need to be addressed and there really isn't anybody else on the roster able to do that. Maybe another UDFA is brought in, but the chances of that player (or players) being better than White are low. He's a really, really good return man with explosive potential.

So yeah, I still like Tim's chances of making the roster even if six other receivers are kept. His roster spot would be defined more along the lines of core special teams player.... with wide receiver skills needed if necessary.

At tight end I think it's pretty easy. Boyle, Williams, Hurst, and Andrews all make it. Simple as that. With Ricard going between the defensive line and fullback he's pretty much covering two roster spots by himself so that opens up room to keep four tight ends instead of three. Unless a veteran is added there should only be Collins, Allen, and Dixon at running back too. Having Waller back would be nice, but I'm not expecting the Ravens to keep him around even if/when he gets reinstated. 

Archived