2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

2 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

1.57 for Burns and 1.56 for Banogu

The thing I like about Burns is that he made that weight and then ran. Sometimes these guys put on the weight, and then don't run because it's basically just weight that is for show. They then slim down again before the pro day so that they can hit the athletic numbers. Burns had a good weight, ran, and everything was still there. Really solidifying his stock in my opinion. 

Just now, Forge said:

The thing I like about Burns is that he made that weight and then ran. Sometimes these guys put on the weight, and then don't run because it's basically just weight that is for show. They then slim down again before the pro day so that they can hit the athletic numbers. Burns had a good weight, ran, and everything was still there. Really solidifying his stock in my opinion. 

completely agree. He's separating self from Polite, and raising up higher on my imaginary trade back board.

3 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Polite looks a little sloppily built, and didn't have the numbers I'm sure most were hoping he'd have.

I think he's damaged his stock for sure during this combine. The need for edge rushers is probably too great for him to fall completely out of the first round, but I definitely think that Burns has passed him up for sure, and I think he's looking at a bottom third of the first round if he goes there at all. 

Just now, Justone2 said:

Damn Sweat with an impressive time and split.

See, now I will say, and most here know that I've been a tad higher on Sweat than most people in this forum even if he's not a draft crush or anything of mine, but I never saw that coming. That actually doesn't make a ton of sense to me. I need to go back and watch more (and I've watched quite a bit of Sweat), but that's not matching up for me if those times are accurate. 

Just now, Forge said:

See, now I will say, and most here know that I've been a tad higher on Sweat than most people in this forum even if he's not a draft crush or anything of mine, but I never saw that coming. That actually doesn't make a ton of sense to me. I need to go back and watch more (and I've watched quite a bit of Sweat), but that's not matching up for me if those times are accurate. 

Occasionally it would flash but never like that on a consistent basis, atleast not when I watched. But no edge rusher has had a better pre draft process.

Just now, oldman9er said:

How many edge rushers do we see bursting down the field for 40 yards a clip? It's usually bout five steps and play is over. Those long strides, man. That's the deceiver!

The thing is though most of those guys putting up good 40 times are also backing them up with great 10 yard splits. Impressive group for sure.

Archived