2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

Yeah, I was pretty much all in on Bosa before, but I think this has just largely solidified it. I have some moderate injury concerns, but I'm in. I've brought up the idea of flipping assets to AZ to secure him if we were really worried they were going to take him just to make sure we got him, and I think I'm even more willing to do that now (obviously provided it's not too much). Even more so if we are active and add some really nice pieces through free agency. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I was pretty much all in on Bosa before, but I think this has just largely solidified it. I have some moderate injury concerns, but I'm in. I've brought up the idea of flipping assets to AZ to secure him if we were really worried they were going to take him just to make sure we got him, and I think I'm even more willing to do that now (obviously provided it's not too much). Even more so if we are active and add some really nice pieces through free agency. 

any concern about contract issues? didn't his brother hold out a while with SD? could it be a .... congenital problem? 

Again, Nelson looking very under control. 

SWeat was a bit of a mess on bag drill, sloppy but not falling all over sloppy.

Just now, oldman9er said:

any concern about contract issues? didn't his brother hold out a while with SD? could it be a .... congenital problem? 

Again, Nelson looking very under control. 

Most people sided with Bosa in the contract issue. The chargers were trying to get him to take a contract that carried provisions that no top 3 pick had ever been forced to take before (I think they were trying to require offsets + deferred money or something along those lines). I mean, make no mistake about it - for the Bosas, this is a business and they treat it as such. But as long as you're cognizant of that and understand it I think it's relatively easy to find a common ground. Plus, quite frankly, we have one of the best in the league in Paraag handling that stuff. I have no concerns about that. 

3 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

SWeat was a bit of a mess on bag drill, sloppy but not falling all over sloppy.

This is starting to make more sense. But honestly, this is actually good news for him because if NFL teams have the same reaction that I did in that his athletic profile doesn't match up with the tape, then the issue could be technique and the like. NFL teams are perfectly okay with this because that type of stuff is coachable if the athlete is open to coaching. If you're going to have problems, make it a problem that is coachable lol. 

I’ve been high on Winovich since watching his play this past season, with his measurements and now showing athletically I’m all in. If for whatever reason we don’t take edge at 2, Quinnen Williams maybe, I’d be all over Winovich with our 2nd and a added vet in FA or through trade.

3 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

I’ve been high on Winovich since watching his play this past season, with his measurements and now showing athletically I’m all in. If for whatever reason we don’t take edge at 2, Quinnen Williams maybe, I’d be all over Winovich with our 2nd and a added vet in FA or through trade.

Not much length to him. The effort is top notch, but he looks like he won't be more effective than was Marsh. I think with so many others, Winovich will fall to day 3, tbh. I'll have another month to perhaps eat those words. I haven't spent a ton of time watching the UM rushers. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Official 4.41 for Sweat. This would have ranked 8th last year at the combine....for cornerbacks....

Happy for the young man cuz I want him to go as high as possible to get that money. But I don't want him for my 49ers in the top 5(assuming a trade back happened).

10 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Not much length to him. The effort is top notch, but he looks like he won't be more effective than was Marsh. I think with so many others, Winovich will fall to day 3, tbh. I'll have another month to perhaps eat those words. I haven't spent a ton of time watching the UM rushers. 

Best case scenario for Winovich is if a team thinks he profiles similarly to TJ Watt in a 3-4 alignment as an OLB (Watt was a just a tad longer). I don't think 4-3 defenses will be super high on Winovich because there's going to be some question on what you do with him. He's not a 4-3 DE and a SAM just doesn't have the positional importance. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Best case scenario for Winovich is if a team thinks he profiles similarly to TJ Watt in a 3-4 alignment as an OLB (Watt was a just a tad longer). I don't think 4-3 defenses will be super high on Winovich because there's going to be some question on what you do with him. He's not a 4-3 DE and a SAM just doesn't have the positional importance. 

Yeah, can see Winovich as a SAM, if he has some zone awareness. I like Miss State's Gerri Green for this role also. Still, day 3 though. 

Archived