2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, Pandomonium said:

I wouldn't mind him or riley ridley or Deebo in the 2nd

Ridley....I'm not sure of. Like Deebo, AJ Brown...there is a lot of WRs to like. My favorite is not necessarily widely liked, though: JJ Arcega-Whiteside. Love the way he plays. However, I realize he may not fit in Kyle's plans.

1 minute ago, Pandomonium said:

I wouldn't mind him or riley ridley or Deebo in the 2nd

Harmon, Ridley, and Samuel in round 2 for me. If A.J. Brown falls to our pick, I'd really consider him as well.

It seems like we're going EDGE in round 1, WR in round 2, maybe DB in round 3, OL/TE/LB rounds 4 and 6? Athletes and high ceiling guys at the bottom of the draft?

1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Ridley....I'm not sure of. Like Deebo, AJ Brown...there is a lot of WRs to like. My favorite is not necessarily widely liked, though: JJ Arcega-Whiteside. Love the way he plays. However, I realize he may not fit in Kyle's plans.

and i absolutely love Hakeem Butler 

Ridley's combine was pretty awful. He's way behind the others now in terms of where I expect him to go. I would expect 3rd to 4th round now. I'm probably not going to pull the trigger until our 4th rounder. 

5 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Harmon, Ridley, and Samuel in round 2 for me. If A.J. Brown falls to our pick, I'd really consider him as well.

It seems like we're going EDGE in round 1, WR in round 2, maybe DB in round 3, OL/TE/LB rounds 4 and 6? Athletes and high ceiling guys at the bottom of the draft?

Not on either Harmon or Ridley in round 2. There's just nothing special to love about Harmon in my opinion, and I think Ridley's stock is way down right now, so I just don't think you need to use a pick that high. Still think that he'll make a better pro than college player, but when you combine marginal production with an awful combine, you're not really helping yourself out. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Ridley's combine was pretty awful. He's way behind the others now in terms of where I expect him to go. I would expect 3rd to 4th round now. I'm probably not going to pull the trigger until our 4th rounder. 

yeah I just saw his results 

he could go as low as 5th but may be a steal

7 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

He's a perfect Z in my opinion. Personally, I'd have him higher on the board than some, but I agree with you that he may not fit with Kyle's ideas 

16 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

what about A.J. Brown?

what do you think?

Slot bully. Going to be excellent in the role. If you think he can rotate snaps inside and out, he should absolutely be at the upper end of our board for wide receiver choices at #36. 

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's a perfect Z in my opinion. Personally, I'd have him higher on the board than some, but I agree with you that he may not fit with Kyle's ideas 

Yes. Has good hands, good size, awareness and determination to ****** the ball. Still has routes and nuances to learn, but he is by far my favorite. But I would be surprised if the 9ers actually drafted JJ. Sure could help our Red Zone issues...

17 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

what about A.J. Brown?

what do you think?

I'm cooled off from the Combine razzle dazzle, so I'm looking at NK Harry and AJ Brown as my #1 then #2.. pushing Metcalf to #3. 

These are the 3 that I would consider 1st round picks.. If one were to fall to #36, yippiekiyay. 

Then, there will be very early 2nd rd big-swing-potential guys like Butler, M Brown and Boykin all finishing within the 2nd rd. 

Samuel, Harmon, Parris Campbell, and maybe JJ A-W finishing out in the top 80.

Just my 2 cents.

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not on either Harmon or Ridley in round 2. There's just nothing special to love about Harmon in my opinion, and I think Ridley's stock is way down right now, so I just don't think you need to use a pick that high. Still think that he'll make a better pro than college player, but when you combine marginal production with an awful combine, you're not really helping yourself out. 

I agree that Harmon and Ridley didn't ball out at the combine, but those two guys win with excellent route running and high-end catching ability. Their stock will bounce back up at their pro days.

This offense really needs an Anquan Boldin type player. Someone who can win at the intermediate level and be a reliable possession target. With Pettis and Goodwin stretching the field vertically, Kittle stretching the field horizontally and vertically, Taylor and James being reliable short to intermediate targets, we need someone who finds holes in the zone 10-20 yards down the field and wins one-on-one matchups. I think Harmon, Ridley, and Brown fit that mold perfectly. Samuel is an excellent option for this offense, too, but more in the mold of Pettis as he can play every WR position.

7 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I agree that Harmon and Ridley didn't ball out at the combine, but those two guys win with excellent route running and high-end catching ability. Their stock will bounce back up at their pro days.

I don't think it's all nasty sniping at them either. It's more about the others stepping up and becoming something more to take note of, really. It's just a better WR class than some originally thought.. even if not extremely top heavy. It's stupid deep for day 2.

5 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I don't think it's all nasty sniping at them either. It's more about the others stepping up and becoming something more to take note of, really. It's just a better WR class than some originally thought.. even if not extremely top heavy. It's stupid deep for day 2.

I agree 100%. I'm not sure I'd take WR on day one, honestly. I think D.K. is basically Vernon Davis with better hands, if he really can't change direction, I think he has bust written all over him. I like Harry as the #1 WR, but I don't love Harry above pick 20. 

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

I agree 100%. I'm not sure I'd take WR on day one, honestly. I think D.K. is basically Vernon Davis with better hands, if he really can't change direction, I think he has bust written all over him. I like Harry as the #1 WR, but I don't love Harry above pick 20. 

While I do think DK is a bit linear and vernon esque, his 3-cone was hurt because he basically slipped twice during the drill. I'm assuming that he's going to redo it at the pro day for a better result. 

Archived