2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Their defense has been really bad too. That line has gotten largely owned in the passing game. 

Defense to me was overrated from the few games I've seen of theirs. Don't get me wrong, Williams is great, but that secondary can be had. Thompson is supposedly this great FS on the next level, but I just don't see it. He lacks the extra gear and none of their corners playing right now are any special. I know they have a freshmen who is supposedly the next big thing at CB, but he's not playing yet...Well, he is in the game right now, but not one of their starters. 

Just now, Forge said:

Possible. So hard to know this far out. Ross and Jeudy sure look it. 

I really like Ruggs as well. Higgins I've only seen two games of and he looks the part.

How the hell did Clemson become this damn great at recruiting??? Have probably 15-20 NFL players on this team.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Defense to me was overrated from the few games I've seen of theirs. Don't get me wrong, Williams is great, but that secondary can be had. Thompson is supposedly this great FS on the next level, but I just don't see it. He lacks the extra gear and none of their corners playing right now are any special. I know they have a freshmen who is supposedly the next big thing at CB, but he's not playing yet...Well, he is in the game right now, but not one of their starters. 

I'm even seeing Williams get bullied around the last three games. Obviously still making plays, but I've seen him washed out of plays a lot as well. Also, maybe it's just me, but I'm starting to wonder about his endurance. He has looked gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassed at the end of games recently. 

I really like Ruggs as well. Higgins I've only seen two games of and he looks the part.

How the hell did Clemson become this damn great at recruiting??? Have probably 15-20 NFL players on this team.

Dabo, man. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm even seeing Williams get bullied around the last three games. Obviously still making plays, but I've seen him washed out of plays a lot as well. Also, maybe it's just me, but I'm starting to wonder about his endurance. He has looked gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassed at the end of games recently. 

Williams is getting doubled quite a bit. He's still made his fair share of plays, but Bama doesn't have an edge rusher Clemson has to worry about. Makes it easier to stop. Williams has done his fair share of damage this season to show he is super legit. And he's very young, but fair point on him being gassed. But can it not have anything to do with the injury he has been dealing with? He missed some snaps vs Georgia as well as he was dealing with something to his leg.

Lawrence is going to be the most hyped QB of all time. Even more than Elway/Manning/Luck. And no doubt he is the real deal but maaaaaaaaaan get ready for two years of non-stop hype lol.

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lawrence is going to be the most hyped QB of all time. Even more than Elway/Manning/Luck. And no doubt he is the real deal but maaaaaaaaaan get ready for two years of non-stop hype lol.

People are already writing the "Tank for Trevor" signs lol

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

Reading some rumors on Walter about the draft. One indicated that in NFL scouts that he had talked to, Brians Burns is very possibly going to fall into round 2. 

IN another article, they indicated that Thompson was falling down boards and nobody was certain that he would actually declare after the championship because of some sluggish play in the back half of the season and his slight frame. 

The couple of games I watched Burns, I wasn't impressed at all. I'm planning on looking him up in more detail at some point, but what I saw was mostly him being invisible on the field. Might have been bad games.

5 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

The couple of games I watched Burns, I wasn't impressed at all. I'm planning on looking him up in more detail at some point, but what I saw was mostly him being invisible on the field. Might have been bad games.

All this talk of this being a strong edge class is kind of questionable. You better get one in the top 15, or else no guarantee you get a top level player. Allen/Bosa/Polite/Ferrell seem to be on another level from everyone, and all those guys sans Bosa have some question marks.

I'm still on the Poooooooolllllllllliiiiiittttttttteeeeeeeeee train though. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

All this talk of this being a strong edge class is kind of questionable. You better get one in the top 15, or else no guarantee you get a top level player. Allen/Bosa/Polite/Ferrell seem to be on another level from everyone, and all those guys sans Bosa have some question marks.

I'm still on the Poooooooolllllllllliiiiiittttttttteeeeeeeeee train though. 

I think Polite is a 3-4 OLB. I don't think he's a match for us in the dirt, to be honest. While I think Polite is the better player, for us specifically, I think I'd actually take Sweat over him. 

I think Polite is a 3-4 OLB. I don't think he's a match for us in the dirt, to be honest. While I think Polite is the better player, for us specifically, I think I'd actually take Sweat over him. 

Honestly, I don't care for how much of a liability he could be in the run game. He can rush from the edge period. 

Honestly, I don't care for how much of a liability he could be in the run game. He can rush from the edge period. 

Its not that. He's slight of frame, and that is a problem rushing the passer, but I think when you add his slight frame with a lack of length (he's only 6'1, 6'2 or so). that's going to be a major problem for him rushing the passer from the dirt. Standing up, he can defuse that through speed and counters. 

Its not that. He's slight of frame, and that is a problem rushing the passer, but I think when you add his slight frame with a lack of length (he's only 6'1, 6'2 or so). that's going to be a major problem for him rushing the passer from the dirt. Standing up, he can defuse that through speed and counters. 

He will be fine rushing with his hand in the dirt. I don't buy that he's only a 3-4 OLB. 

28 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But how? When did he become this great coach/recruiter? Just happened out of no where and now he has built a freaking machine. 

They are getting good recruiting classes no doubt but I think it's more development. Plus... other than Lawrence and Ross, Clemson has alot more upperclassmen playing.

Not to make excuses for bama... **** bama.

Archived