Boston Celtics vs Philadelphia Sixers - The Process Needs Refinement

resilient part 2

Just now, RollEagles said:

Yes.

But there's also absolutely no way the Sixers miss this many shots in another game this series.

If they do,  then that's on them.

Celtics can't miss tonight. Sixers can't make a shot.

Honestly, this game to me doesn't make me change how I view this series.

It's only one game. Things can change. But No one giving credit to how good Boston's defense is/was. They know now.

If you'd never watched basketball and I told you one team had two top 15 level players you'd say oh Tatum and Rozier are the two players.

Philly is shooting so bad though. It is an interesting Rest v Rust dynamic in this game Philly with a long 6 day break and Boston one day off after a tough 7 game round one series. This game in the end doesn’t change my overall feelings on the series but wow props to Boston they look fantastic tonight. 

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

It's only one game. Things can change. But No one giving credit to how good Boston's defense is/was. They know now.

Sixers are missing wide open looks. They can't buy a 3 tonight. That's not good defense. That's terrible shooting.

And on the other side, Boston is on fire. And they can't miss.

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

It does change the way I view the series, Simmons being a nonscorer against an elite defense gives me more reason to believe the Cs can win this series 

That’s a fair point

Just now, Troy Brown said:

It does change the way I view the series, Simmons being a nonscorer against an elite defense gives me more reason to believe the Cs can win this series 

If you guys shoot 47% from three every game, you'll win the title.

And everyone knows there's 0% chance you guys shoot 47%.

This shooting performance literally won't happen in the playoffs again for you guys.

If you guys shoot 47% from three every game, you'll win the title.

And everyone knows there's 0% chance you guys shoot 47%.

This shooting performance literally won't happen in the playoffs again for you guys.

Not relevant to what I said but there's probably pretty good chance that Rozier outplays Simmons again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

18 points as a non scorer isn't all that bad.

If you want to talk about why the Sixers have been bad tonight look at their 3 point shooters. Open looks aren't going down. And that's not on Simmons. That's on Saric, Covington, Redick, and Ilyasova.

1 minute ago, kyle21121 said:

Also Stevens is COY. No other arguments despite several well deserved coaches are valid at this point. 

Nate Mc has a better shot IMO, No one expected Ind in the playoffs. But the dude who should win it is the bozo from Tor. 

Just now, Troy Brown said:

Not relevant to what I said but there's probably pretty good chance that Rozier outplays Simmons again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If Rozier shoots 7-9 from three again in another game, I'll be stunned. Same goes if he's 11-18 from the field.

1 minute ago, RollEagles said:

Sixers are missing wide open looks. They can't buy a 3 tonight. That's not good defense. That's terrible shooting.

And on the other side, Boston is on fire. And they can't miss.

Lot's of Philly's 3 were tightly contested. Boston closes out well They played Embiid straight up and Simmons straight up. Boston has above average/very good defenders in Rozier, Smart, Tatum, Horford, Semi and eventually Brown. So if you want to think it was just a case of missing open shots, fine. whatever makes you sleep better tonight. 

18 points as a non scorer isn't all that bad.

If you want to talk about why the Sixers have been bad tonight look at their 3 point shooters. Open looks aren't going down. And that's not on Simmons. That's on Saric, Covington, Redick, and Ilyasova.

I feels like no guy there can create for themselves... But it’s game one so we can’t over react. The series doesn’t start till the home team loses. I feels like this can go 7 games with both teams winning at home. Celtics chase and make the sixer players uncomfortable while trying to free up for a shot 

Archived